Tree Frogs & Lighthouses

Ah the tree frogs. Years ago when I had my store, I found a photo of two tree frogs with a black background. I don’t know why, but I just loved that photo. I traced the outline of the frogs and built my pattern from that. I painted the frogs onto this jar, adding flowers and grass blades. I’m not sure why, but out of all the patterns that I created on my jars, this one received the most orders. The first one took me forever, the second one wasn’t nearly as bad, and eventually I got to where I could paint them in a snap. I don’t even know if I have the patterns anymore! Anyway, that’s the story behind the frogs :)

Two more jars that I always liked were these lighthouses. Again, I found a photo and created a pattern from those. The lighthouses were really out of my element so they were quite a challenge. The black and white one is Cape Hatteras, NJ, they actually MOVED that lighthouse from one location to another, just like how they move a house. The other one is Start Point in Dartmouth, England. I did sell both of those jars, now I wish I hadn’t. They would fit nicely in my bathroom now LOL

7 Responses to Tree Frogs & Lighthouses

Tami says:

I love the tree frogs but the lighthouses are my favorite! Love them!!

Thanks Tami! I used to pray that no one would order them LOL! They were really out of my element so I preferred not to paint them again.

Sortin'ItAllOut says:

Hi Amanda,
    I would love to try this with my kids -does it matter what paint you use? And when you talk about patterns-where do you find these?

Sortin'ItAllOut says:

sorry I forgot to get the comments emailed to me–so I had to post another comment!

These are done with acrylic craft paint. All the patterns I created myself, but I do have them for sale in my Etsy shop! http://amandascrafts.etsy.com/

Sortin'ItAllOut says:

Thank-you, Amanda! I looked at your patterns and your prices are great! I’ll have to see what the kids want to do.

[…] are so cute, but honestly, other than the tree frog painted jar I made several years ago, I’ve made no other frogs! It’s high time to change that I […]