Top 10 Crafts of 2011

Top 10 Crafts of 2011

The growth of Crafts by Amanda from 2010 to 2011 was phenomenal. I am so humbled by all of your great comments. I love heading in to my craft room (especially now that hubby built me a new table I’ll be sharing soon!) so I can share the next project with you. You are always so supportive!

Below are the top 10 craft projects determined by number of visits. I am so looking forward to more craft projects in 2012. I already have some Valentine projects I can’t wait to share with you! So without further delay, here’s the top 10. Afterward, I’ve shared a collection of MY favorites too. :)

1. Epsom Salt Luminaries: Some Winter Beauty

2. Crystal Enamel Drinking Glasses

3. How to Make a Duct Tape Wallet

4. Burlap & Doily Luminaries

5. Halloween Painted Jar Luminaries

6. Safety Pin Bracelet

7. Conversation Marble Magnets for Valentine’s Day

8. Kitchen Utensil Holders

9. Paint Chip Clock

10. Distressed Eat Sign

These are my personal favorites from 2011!

PB Inspired Rustic Colonial American Flag – hangs in my bedroom and I admire it every night. :)

Spice Rack Makeover – I use this every day in my kitchen!

Beach Starfish Plaque – This is in my bathroom. I just love how this turned out.

Cardboard Tube Farm Animals – These are my favorite kid’s craft of the year.

Egg Shell Mosaic Vase – I still have a bunch of shell pieces from when I made this and want to make more. I use the vase to hold scissors and rulers in my craft room.

Distressed Family Definition Sign – This is in my living room. I love it!

Decoupage Family Photo Plaques – These are in my living room. I get comments about them all the time.

Make Valentine Tea Bags – I just thought these were so fun and cute!

Here’s to a happy and healthy 2012! Happy New Year everyone!

Tags:

18 Responses to Top 10 Crafts of 2011

Ulu says:

Your crafts are beautiful, thank you for sharing.

• 1.1
      Amanda Formaro says:

Thank you Ulu!!

• mandy fe says:

Hi amanda, I’m a single mom from the philippines.
        Iwant to know how u made the eggshell mosaic. Perhaps I can sel something like that here in the philippines. Tnx. Great job with ur crafts.!

gail says:

I’m so happy you’re enjoying success! Isn’t it funny when you look around your house and think to yourself “blog” “blog” “blog” hahaha! My cousin always makes fun of me when she comes over. I’ll go to show her something and she says “I’ve already seen it on the blog” :)
    Happy New Year Amanda! I hope it’s your best year yet!
    gail

Pam says:

LOVE YOUR STUFF!! You are such an inspiration! Keep it coming, and a very Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Pam

Love all of these! We’re going to make the safety pin bracelets for sure!!! Happy New Year!

Wendy says:

Was planning to use a couple of the doily luminaries as guest prizes at my sister’s bridal shower. Mom fell in love with them so I ended up making 300+ snowflakes for reception centerpieces instead. They turned out beautifully.

Barbara "Cookie" says:

You are a Super Crafter Amanda. I read lot ladies blogs on here .I’ve ask some questions on their blogs & some answer some don’t .Never had problem when ask you any thing, you answer. Keep up good work ,,Thanks Happy New Year 2012 ‘Cookie”

Sunny C says:

Hey Amanda;
    Happy New Year!! I just wanted to tell you how very much that I enjoy your Blogs. They make me so Happy when I read them, as I get so many ideas about working with some things which I have in my own home.
    The items which you show and make anyone can manage to make, and could use as a gift.
    You bring so much Joy to so many people and you are not aware of it!!!!
    Thank-You so very much :-)

Melissa says:

Hi Amanda I was directed to your website via a pin from pinterest and I bookmarked it. I was woundering when you get a project done and blogged or tutorial put up on your website do you sell your projects, place them in your home and or give them as gifts? if you sell them to whom and how do you get your word out via website?
    I was just wondering because I am told all the time that I should open a craft shop but I always make things that are more personal with their interest in mind. I don’t have one certain item it’s more like i see an item and think what can I make with this? then do it or I need this and figure out the less costly way to do it. don’t know where to start with a buisness. thanks for your input my email is [email protected].

Melissa

• 8.1
      Amanda Formaro says:

I very rarely sell my projects. I am a freelance designer, so I do make some crafts for magazines and companies, but most of the things I make are for my home. Kid’s crafts I make for the pure enjoyment of creating, and then I donate them to my son’s elementary school library and they decorate with them. :) Many of the home decor projects on my blog are on display in my home. :) I’m sorry I can’t help you personally with selling your wares, but I would suggest starting at etsy. Go to their site and I believe they have a community forum where you can talk to other creative people that sell their items. Good luck!

Just discovered your wonderful blog .
    These projects are awesome!!!
    Thanks for tutorials.
    Lillian

Lagene says:

Amazing tutorials, I just pinned this page~!

Cheri Burton says:

Thanks for the idea with the doily on the jar. I glued ribbons and lace on some small jars and added trim and used a battery-powered led tea light inside. Turned out great!

ruthie norlund says:

beautiful crafts that you can use every day.i just happened to stumble onto your site and im so happy!