Did you know how many different ways you can use photos besides putting them into a frame? Why not get crafty with all your favorite pictures! There are tons of DIY photo projects floating around the web, all of which are great ideas and fun to craft up! Make a DIY photo project as a gift for someone you love or turn them into a fun craft night project with friends and family. Here we gathered lots of awesome ideas to get you started. Have a blast creating your own photo displays!
DIY Photo Projects
A great option for preserving your favorite memories would be to use recycled products and turn them into something uniquely designed by you, you can find inspiration for this below. Take a peak around each craft and choose the one that fits you best! DIY photo projects are personalized to you which makes them seem even more special. They are perfect gifts for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, weddings, birthdays, Mother’s and Father’s Day and so much more!
- Photo Memory Box – This was a very special craft of my daughter and our dog.
- DIY Photo Lamp – This is really cool, and a clever way to display some of your photos in the house.
- DIY Photo Board – I could see this given for a Valentine’s or anniversary gift.
- Crystal Pendents – Perfect idea for a Mothers Day gift!
- Dog Coasters – Your guests would really get a kick out of these funny dog coasters!
- DIY Photo Cube – I love a personalized craft. This fit’s in great with any home decor!
- Photo Puzzle – Here’s another cool idea, using a photo to make a puzzle!
DIY Photo Project Ideas
- Photo Transfer to Canvas – Photo transfer crafts are always fun to work on!
- Bottle Cap Magnets and Thumbtacks – How fun making your own magnets or thumbtacks with some of your photos!
- Embroidery Photo Family Portraits – If you love to embroider then this is a photo craft for you!
- Photo Candle – I could see candles like these at a wedding or bridal shower.
- Photo Puzzle – This would be a perfect craft to work on with the kids. My kids always loved puzzles.
- Decoupage Family Photo Plaques – These are a perfect touch to any home decor, stain the wood your favorite color and decoupage your photo on.
Personalized Home Decor DIY Photo Projects
- Family Photo Magnets – Another take on the photo magnets!
- DIY Instagram Photos – A great idea to use some of those Instagram photos.
- Hanging Photo Floral Hoop – I just think this idea is simply darling. Perfect for a wedding.
- Mod Podge Clipboard – Give a $1.oo clipboard a cool new look with some photos.
Gift Idea Photo Projects
- Wedding Photo Keychain – Personalized keychains using photos from a vacation, wedding or even your kids, is a pretty cool idea.
- Photo Luminaries – This is a really cool take on a luminary project.
- DIY Photo Bookmark – The kids would really get a kick out of these bookmarks!
- Picture Frame Photo Luminaries – Use some Dollar Tree frames to make your own personalized luminaries.
- Mason Jar Lid Magnets – What a great use of some old mason jar lids!
- LEGO Picture Puzzles – Probably one of my favorite ideas!! I can see kids having a blast playing with these.
Quirky and Fun DIY Photo Projects
- Head in a Jar – This is creepy, yet really fun. I wouldn’t want to be the one to open that fridge.
- Photo Keepsake Ornament – These are great, especially to make for your Christmas tree. It’s a perfect sentimental ornament for the tree.
- Homemade Snow Globe – Snow globes are a classic craft, but I think adding the pictures inside is a pretty awesome and unique idea.
- Heart Photo Magnets – Show a little love for your special someone with these heart magnets.
We hope you enjoy this collection of awesome DIY photo projects. There are so many great options to test out your creativity and make something truly special.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017