Isn’t there something so fun and wonderful about baby things? Maybe it’s because they are cute little miniatures. Or maybe it’s because we are reminded of our own babies (our babies who aren’t babies anymore!) Either way, it’s so much fun to make baby accessories. These Crochet Baby Loafers are a perfect adult craft. If you have a baby shower coming up (or a due date), give these sweet little loafers a try.
Crochet Baby Loafers Pattern
These cute little shoes are made with two parts, the body and the tongue. This is what gives these baby booties their cute little loafer style. I also designed them with two colors because I personally love mixing and matching colors. Take creative license with yours!
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
What you need to make Crochet Baby Loafers:
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “thefamilycorne02”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Helpful Crochet Tools”;
amzn_assoc_debug = “false”;
amzn_assoc_ead = “0”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “2c0ac1b00e587cf2c311b51d27382c7b”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B0021GN2BA,B008J13ZZY,B003D7JO2M,B019I2EKZ6”;
Abbreviations: American Terms
Notes: ch 1 does not count as a stitch. Join each round with a sl st with the first st of the round. Always work the first st in the same st as the chain.
3-6 months (approx. 4”)
1. Work 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 chs, hdc in next ch, dc in next 3 chs, dc 7 in last ch.Working across the opposite side: Dc in next 3 chs, hdc in next ch, sc in next 4 chs. (27 sts) Join with a sl st with the first sc of the round.
2. Ch 1. 2 sc in next 4 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. 2 sc in next 5 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. Join. ( 36 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc in next 10 sts. *Sc. Sc 2 in next st* work 5 times. Sc in next 9 sts. (44 sts)
Join with a sl st using 2nd color.
4. Working this round in the 3rd loop (the loop behind both loops on top).
Ch 1. Hdc. Dc 8. Hdc. Sc 34. (44 sts)
5. Ch 1. Hdc. Dc 8. Hdc. Sc 34. Join with sl st (44 st)
6. Ch 1. Hdc. Dc2tog. Dc 4. Dc2tog. Hdc. Sc 12. *Sc2tog. Sc 2.* work twice. Sc2tog. Sc 12. (39 sts)
Tie off. Weave in ends.
Tongue: (make 2)
Begin with a magic ring.
1. Ch 1. Sc 10 into the ring. Join with sl st. (10 sts)
2. Ch 2. Dc 2 in each st around. Join. (20 sts)
3. Ch 2. Dc 2. Hdc. Sc. Hdc. Dc 2. Turn. (you will be turning from now on). (7 sts)
4. Ch 2. Dc in each st across. (7 sts) Turn.
5. Ch 1. Sc in each st across. Leave a long tail
Construction of the crochet baby loafers:
Be sure to weave in all the ends on the shoe body and the beginning tail on the tongue before attaching it. Visually line up the tongue on the shoe, covering the toe (the wider end). You may use pins to keep it in place. Using the long tail, thread your darning needle onto the long tail. Sew a simple running stitch all around the toe and tongue, attaching them together. Take care at the beginning and end, anchoring the corners very well. For a cleaner look, sew through the back loops of the tongue and back loops on the shoe (the 2 inside loops).
Weave in your ends.
Questions? Let me help you! Send me an email here.
Mix and match the colors you’d like for these crochet baby loafers! A perfect wearable craft for kids!
Aren’t these little crochet baby loafers the cutest? If you’re interested in more crochet ideas check out this Heart Infinity Scarf, or you can look through 40+ Free Crochet Patterns! There is also a bunch of easy and creative yarn crafts without knitting or crocheting!