This denim covered can is perfect for holding markers, pens, pencils, scissors or paintbrushes. Use scrap fabric and recycled blue jeans to make this fun pencil holder for your office, craft room, school art room or even a homework desk. A fun recycling project for any age!
I use this can in my craft room to hold my older paintbrushes, the ones that I let kids use when they want to. I really like the look that the denim provides, so I will probably be making several more of these as well!
It’s really simple. Just cover a can with denim, I used a cashew can. Cut out letters from fabric and attach them to denim. I used some colored denim I had leftover from other colored denim projects I’ve done.
It’s a new year, so why not start your “get organized” resolution with a fun project!
- Large recycled can
- Recycled denim blue jeans with seam
- Patterned fabric scraps
- Colored denim scraps*
- Hot glue gun
- Cut enough denim to go around the can, positioning the seam at the top of the can. Hot glue the denim to the can and trim excess.
- Cut the letters A R T from patterned fabrics. Hot glue the letters to colored denim. Trim around the letters so that each letter has a denim border.
- Glue the letters to the denim covered can, overlapping each letter.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017