Your school supply list asks for spiral notebooks in different colors. Some schools ask for different colored folders too. This makes it easy to color code for each subject (yellow for math, blue for science, etc). So why not make some super simple bookmarks that match your school subject colors? Anyone can make these, they couldn’t be easier!
When my kids were in the elementary age levels they would have to have different colors for each school subject. So bookmarks that coordinate with those subjects make a fun back to school project that is easy enough for any age. It’s just some paint and then writing, that’s it!
If you’re looking for a bit more of a challenge, you can try these Avenger’s Bookmarks I made that your superhero crazed kids will love!
- 7 jumbo craft sticks
- Sharpie Silver Paint Pen
- Black Sharpie Marker, fine point
- Matte Varnish
- Paint each craft stick with a different color, one each purple, blue, red, pink, green, yellow, and orange. Apply a second coat.
- Use a silver paint pen and a black marker to write the school subject names on the craft sticks.
- Wait at least an hour for the marker ink to set, then apply two coats of matte varnish to both sides of each craft stick.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017