Your dad is definitely out of this world, so give him his very own constellation with this fun galaxy themed Father’s Day Card. I will show you how to achieve this look!
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.
- Black card stock, poster board or construction paper
- Paint: white, bright blue, lavender
- White paint pen
- Tools: Old toothbrush (for crafting only!), paintbrush, toothpick
- Fold paper into a card. Use a paintbrush to splatter paint onto the front of the card. Do this by dipping the toothbrush bristles into the paint then dabbing off the excess onto a paper towel.
- Test first by holding the bristles over the paper and running your finger across the bristles. Do this with blue, then purple and finally with white.
- Keep splattering until your are happy with how your galaxy looks!
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush (this is best for larger paper like construction paper) or a toothpick to add the constellation. Just create a "connect the dot" for the word "DAD".
- Use a white paint pen to connect the dots. Finally, add more stars with the handle end of your paintbrush or your toothpick.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017