St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, so I wanted to share this shamrock craft with you. I made this shamrock plant poke for Michael’s Craft Stores highlighting their economical paint line called Craftsmart. To make this shamrock plant poke I used wooden hearts, a wooden dowel, Craftsmart paint and finished it off with some multi purpose sealer. You could absolutely use whatever your favorite paint brand is!
There are full printable instruction below.
Paint the hearts.
Add polka dots.
And more polka dots.
Add the dowel.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 4 Wood Hearts 1-3/4-inch
- Wood Disc 1-inch
- 12-inch wooden dowel
- Orange button
- Green sheer ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- White craft glue
- Scrap of green felt
- Gold glitter
- Multi Purpose Sealer
- Americana acrylic spray sealer
- Grass Green
- Light Green
- Paint the four hearts with Light Green.
- Use the handle end of the 4 Round paintbrush to dot on Grass Green around the border of each heart.
- Use the handle end of the 4 Round paintbrush to dot on Gold around the border of each heart below the Grass Green. Use the handle end of the 4 Round paintbrush to dot on Bronze around the border of each heart below the Gold. Coat all the hearts with Multi Purpose Sealer.
- Place a piece of paper or waxed paper on the work surface. Glue the four heart together with white craft glue, connecting them to create a shamrock shape.
- Paint the wood disc with Bronze. Glue the orange button to the Bronze disc. Glue the disc and button to the center of the 4 hearts. Allow hearts and disc to partially dry.
- Paint the dowel Gold. Spray the dowel with Americana sealer and sprinkle with gold glitter. Cut a scrap of green felt, about the size of a quarter.
- Carefully lift the shamrock and use white craft glue to attach the dowel to the back and cover it with the green felt circle.