I originally posted this coffee can scarecrow back in 2010. I worked for Kaboose for 5 years making crafts for their site. They have since sold and closed and this tutorial went with. So I have posted it here by request of several of you who read this blog. This was one of my favorite scarecrow crafts over the years, I always thought he was so cute! The printable instructions and supply list are below.
- Coffee can
- 2 sheets tan felt
- Small scrap of orange felt
- 2 large mismatched buttons
- 18” twine
- White craft glue
- Instant grab glue
- Small straw hat
- 2 silk flowers
- Put lid on coffee can. Cover coffee can with tan felt using white craft glue.
- Place coffee can on its side and use instant grab glue to pipe on the mouth. Cut twine to fit on the glue smile and press in place. Cut remaining twine into one inch pieces. Use instant grab glue to attach to the smile in a stitch type fashion.
- Cut a triangle from orange felt and use instant grab glue to attach to the face above the smile.
- Use instant grab glue to attach two buttons for eyes.
- Stand coffee can up and pipe a generous amount of white craft glue onto the coffee can lid. Cut raffia into 18” lengths and place on top of lid, covering the lid (be sure the raffia lines up properly with the facial features!). Let dry.
- Glue the hat onto the raffia hair.
- Glue 2 silk flowers to the hat.
EDIT: Normally I would send you to Spoonful to get my instructions. I made this for Kaboose several years ago, that site was acquired by Disney’s Spoonful, which has now closed. The content is not currently available from their properties, so until they put it back up I am including the instructions above. When they put the content back online, I will remove the instructions here and link over to them.