Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

Don’t throw away or recycle all your glass bottles and jars. Instead turn some of them into these brightly colored party ware items. I picture these as centerpiece items at a picnic or barbecue with a pretty flower perched inside. Use larger mouthed jars to hold silverware, napkins or straws. This pretty confetti design is easy to create and makes for an impressive table setting.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

Above from left: Bottles are from – Oyster sauce, Balsamic vinegar, Hoisin sauce and blackberry jam.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

I did draw some inspiration for this project, though it totally took a different turn. I added much more color to mine. The Anthropologie speckled vases you see pictures sell for $198.00 each. The small tumblers sell for $58.00 each.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

All you will need are your jars, some rubbing alcohol, and some Americana 3D Writer Gloss Enamels.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

First you want to wash your bottles and jars and make sure all labels, residue, and oils have been removed. Give the glass a rinse in rubbing alcohol. Make sure your hands are clean and dry and try to avoid touching the glass so you don’t transfer any body oils to the glass.

Basically all you need to do is draw on your glass with the 3D Writers. I actually touched the glass with the tip of he bottle and “drew” to make spots larger. I drew some squiggly lines on some of them too. Just start with one color, placing dots and larger spots in random places. Repeat with the next color, then the next, etc, until you are happy with the design.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

To cover up the threaded rims and make them look prettier, I used the red 3D Writer and just covered the sides and top of the rim completely.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

For the long neck on the Balsamic vinegar bottle, I drew a line around the neck going upward. I repeated this with different colors, overlapping occasionally.

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

Now you need to let them dry for 48 hours. They will be dry to the touch in a couple of hours, but take special care when touching thicker areas, especially the rim, as those spots may take longer. Once they have dried for 48 hours, place them into a cold oven. Turn the oven temp to 200 F. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off, open the door, and allow them to cool inside the oven.

Done!

Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

Time to party! :)

These paints are not specifically made to remain outdoors, so be sure to bring your party ware in when you are finished!

40 Responses to Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware

Holly says:

Love this idea! Very cute! Would be great to use black and orange for my little one's Halloween party this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sylvie Créative says:

Wonderful idea and result!

Jessica.B says:

These are super cute!!

deltalady6 says:

Do you know if this paint is dishwasher safe? I'm pretty lazy when it comes to washing stuff by hand!

Yes, dishwasher safe, as long as you follow the instructions and bake according to the specifications. Upper rack of dishwasher :)

DebWestbury says:

Really neat idea…looks cool too…quickie question: Do you think the paints would work on plastic…I know you could not put them in the oven…

Stockade says:

Great project Amanda – These would make a great Mother's Day gift!

LMcBurney says:

Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen says:

I have always LOVED glassware like this. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

sarah beeaye says:

I absolutely love your blog and this is such a great idea. I've been looking for ways to add some more color and these designs are definitely the direction I've been looking for! You're an inspiration!

I've just started on blogger not too long ago and would love some feedback and followers.

you can find me at http://recycledideasandcrafts.blogspot.com/

I love your ideas! I can't wait for the next one

-Sarah

Katie says:

I L.O.V.E these! I have a whole stash of vases and now I know what to do with some of them!

Christie says:

I really like this one!

PartyMom says:

How fun and cute!

Sara&Eva says:

wow,this is so original!

Susan @ Busy at Home says:

They look amazing. What a way to get the look for waaaay less!

I found you from tatertots & jello. I'll be back!

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants says:

I adore confetti glass and now I know how to make it, thanks!

Tina says:

Such a fantastic idea!! Thanks for sharing!

brooke says:

I LOVE THIS IDEA!! My daughter has a science party coming up and these would be a great part of the table scape. I will link back if we make them.

Madigan at madiganmade says:

This is sooo fun! Just a genius (and simple) way to dress up boring old bottles. Thanks for the tut.

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More says:

Just too cute, Amanda! I haven't tried Americana Enamels – but I've used PermEnamels by Delta. I love this idea sooo much – which is why I'm featuring it tomorrow ;)

Lori@KitchenFunk says:

This is just great! I save my jars and reuse them (in addition to my rubber mades) and also give them away with bows on top and filled with something sweet. I'm going to have to give this great project a try!

Doreen @ Redesign by Grace says:

These bottles look fun! What a great tutorial. :)

Nama Halacy's Comfy Cottage says:

I just found your blog and I am so happy I did, you have such great ideas!

AMY says:

LOVE this idea…..and I'd love to try it.
    Would be a great summer art project for my son and I.
    I'm a new follower.
    Amy's Life @

mommy2luke2008 says:

These look awesome! I would love to make some of these for my son's birthday party! To hold the plastic silverware! I featuered this on my friday favorites!

kc says:

Wow Great minds think alike . :-) Last night I saw the word “Antropologie” for the umteenth time and decided to look it up. I was browsing their site when I came across these bottles and of course I said “HOW MUCH?” followed by “I can do that for cheap!”
    And I studied these bottles and saw How I could do them with my glass paints. I smiled this morning when I saw them on your site.

Crafters- Yea its how we think!

[...] might remember the Confetti Party Ware I made over the summer using Americana’s 3D Writer Gloss Enamels from [...]

Heather says:

where did you get the 3d paint. I cannot find anywhere?

[...] Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed , or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only crafts but recipes from my other blog, Amanda’s Cookin’ as well! Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware | Crafts by Amanda [...]

[...] Make Your Own Confetti Party Ware) Be Sociable, [...]

T says:

Do you have to use that type of paint? I have Glitter Glue that seems like it would go on the same and was thinking of trying this project with that. Would it still set the same being placed int he oven? Thanks!

• 31.1

Hi T. Glitter glue, while it would probably produce a similar result (though I would think dripping would be an issue) is only temporary. It cannot be baked in the oven to set and it will soften and wash off in water. Enamel paints are created especially for glass and non porous surfaces and are meant to stay put, even through washing :)

Amber says:

Perfect as a vase, for colorful daisys

Jordan says:

I’m an artsy person and I’m always looking for DIY stuff on Pinterest. I came across these jars and I REALLY wanna make some! But I have a little problem, where did you get the Americana 3D Writers? I can’t find them anywhere! I’ve found other brands of 3D paints of course, but I didn’t know which ones would be good to use and would work. My email is [email protected] If you could let me know where you bought them, it’d be great!

Katie says:

Hi there! I used these paints on old wine bottles and they have been outside and withstand the weather. The only color that seems to have trouble is the yellow one. Other than that, they are weather resistant! :)

[...] po korak proces pogledajte ovdje. Did you enjoy this article? Share [...]