With the Christmas holiday right around the corner, there’s plenty to prepare for, including dinner and guests. Get your kids involved by having them make these glittery place holders that look like little Christmas presents! These would also make pretty tree ornaments or even gift toppers!
If you haven’t seen them yet, Michaels Crafts Stores stock these adorably fun foam party trays from Creatology. My favorite are the glitter shapes. In the center of the tray there are peel and stick craft jewels, pom poms, shiny shapes and beneath the dome you’ll find a ton of peel and stick foam shapes! These would be awesome for a birthday party or scout meeting craft!
To keep the mess to a minimum, I used a tape runner and glue dots instead of glue to attach everything together. This makes for an ideal holiday craft while the adults are busy in the kitchen. Just place the tray in the middle of the table and let the kids create!
For these place cards you’ll use the square foam shapes as the gift box, a portion of the flower shape for the bow on top, and you’ll cut strips from the hexagon shape. Be sure to keep the scraps for other projects too!
Remember I told you about that center tray with all the goodies? There are some self stick shiny round craft jewels in there. Cut some white card stock into small rectangles and write your guests names on them. Now attach them to your gift box with that little craft jewel!
There you have it, little Christmas gift place holders for your holiday table!
Christmas Gift Place Holders
- Darice Foamies Party Platter "Spangles"
- Glue Dots
- Tape runner
- White card stock
- Cut a section off the foam flower shape so that you have three petals for the gift bow. Cut strips from the hexagon shape.
- Use glue dots to attach the bow to the back of the present. Use a tape runner to attach the strips to the present as the ribbon.
- Cut small rectangles from white card stock and write your guests names on them with a fine point pen.
- Use self stick shiny round craft jewels to attach the name tags to the gift boxes.
This post was brought to you by Darice, makers of the Creatology craft line for kids. I was compensated for this post, but the opinions and statements in this post are 100% my own.
- Tulip Wreath - March 21, 2023
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family - March 7, 2023
- St. Patrick’s Day Activity Sheets - February 28, 2023
Cookie 17 says
These are soooo cute & look easy too,thank’s Amanda You are a great Craftest,,ha,ha,Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family….