I showed you my foam cup chick earlier, and that inspired me to make this really easy sheep. It’s a great project for preschoolers because it doesn’t require a lot of detail work, and NO painting. So there’s no mess, making it a great “busy time” project for the Easter holiday.
Foam Cup Sheep
- 8- ounce foam cup
- Scrapbook or construction paper
- 1 black pipe cleaner
- Black paint
- Tool: scissors glue stick, paintbrush, white craft glue, toothpick, black marker
- Cut shapes from scrapbook paper for the head, ears and feet. Use the photo as a guide.
- Attach the ears to the head with a glue stick. Use glue stick to attach the head to the cup (place cup upside down). Cut pipe cleaner in half and use white craft glue to attach the feet to the bottom of each one. Use a toothpick to poke two holes toward the bottom of the sheep's body and insert the pipe cleaners. Bend the pipe cleaners so that they hang over the edge of the table.
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in black paint to dot on eyes. You can add eyebrows with a black marker.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.
- Fingerprint Daddy & Me Coffee Mug - May 30, 2023
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
this is a cool place