Ladybug Baseball Hat

I love ladybug stuff. I should probably rephrase that, I love making ladybug stuff! They’re so darn cute, and so easy to make. If there’s something round and red, chances are I’ll turn it into a ladybug!

I’ve actually been meaning to make this hat for a couple of months, but you know how that is, things you want to do get pushed aside for things you have to do. So I squeezed it in between things I had to do today. :)

This is a really easy project, and super fun for kids. You can get this done in the morning and wear it in the afternoon!

Ladybug Baseball Hat

You will need

red baseball cap
black and white acrylic paint
textile medium
round stencil sponges
paintbrush

What you do

Mix one part textile medium and 2 parts black paint in a small dish or paint palette. Dip large round applicator in black paint and gently scrape off excess. Press applicator onto hat, gently turn the applicator in a circular motion if you want to make the circle larger. It’s also helpful to do this to smooth out the border of the circle. Repeat this all over the top of the hat.

Use a wide paintbrush to paint the bill of the hat with black paint. Let it dry completely.

Use large round applicator dipped in white paint (mixed with textile medium) and dot two eyes onto the black bill. When the white is dry, use a smaller round applicator to dot on two pupils.

Could that be any easier?? If you liked this, you might also like my recycled ladybug jar, paper plate ladybugs, and my plastic lid ladybugs.

My friend Sherri over at About.com has some more awesome ladybug crafts that are perfect for kids!

Comments

1. Megan says

Your ladybug stuff is always so cute (how could anything ladybug not be cute!) and creativie! Thanks for sharing this one!

2. FlyAwayHome says

I too love little ladybugs. I guess you can tell by my blog name :)How cute are your projects. Thanks for sharing. I am more of a sew-er than a crafter… should you get a minute, come check me out.

3. [email protected] says

That is so cute Amanda! I love the idea of doing this with kids. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

4. Stephanie Lynn says

Super cute Amanda. This would be so adorable for a lady bug party! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are having a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

5. Mim says

That is so cute! Great idea. I was thinking that Katrina says her boys might not like it, so you could try something similar with spiders for the boys – if you use pipe cleaners coming out of the side of the had like legs and use a black hat.

6. Lanie Ree says

Aw, this is adorable! You always do the best ladybug eyes.

Thank you for participating the Creative Therapy session at Life in the Pitts!

7. creativejewishmom/Sara says

Thanks For Sharing Amanda, another too cute ladybug project….i'd love to see all my kids in this one!
    Now, if i can just find red baseball caps, hmmm.
    all the best!

8. Marti says

That is so cute, I especially like the ladybug. There was a time when my youngest would have worn that everywhere.

9. Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity says

Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! What a cute hat! I hope you’ll join me again next week for another fantastic party! Have a great week!

10. Nancy Z. says

I call my granddaughter Arina ladybug. She is turning one this July 27th and of course I got my son and his girlfriend to throw her a ladybug 1st birthday party. the ladybug is lite green and pink and brown and pink theme colors. I love making different crafts for my family and friends. I'm not great but they turn out ok looking. anyway, I am going to try and do some of your craft ideas. thanks for your tips.

1. [...] planning a ladybug party these ideas might come in handy. This is an adorable DIY ladybug hat from Crafts by Amanda. This ladybug invite was created by Kimbo at A Girl and a Glue Gun. Filed Under: Birthday, [...]

2. […] Things I love about this party: The use of red and gray for a child’s party – even as a child’s ladybug theme the party had a level of sophistication. I love the homemade gray and red print dresses. A mocktail bar with a signature mocktail. In lieu of gifts guest were requested to bring something to add to a time capsule to be opened at the child’s 16Th birthday. Photo booths are always fun too! These next two links are not from this party, but I thought if anyone was planning a ladybug party these ideas might come in handy. This is an adorable DIY ladybug hat from Crafts by Amanda. […]