Recycled Bread Tag Snowmen

Recycled Bread Tag Snowmen

Don’t throw out those little plastic bread tag clips that come on packages of bagels, English muffins and sandwich buns. Instead, save them to make these cute little snowmen for securing your Christmas treat bags!

You probably remember the recycled bread tag monsters that I made for Halloween. Right after making those I knew I wanted to make some for Christmas too. I finally had some time to make these and just in time for your holiday treat bags!

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenThese were actually very easy and I think I like the ones without mouths better than the ones with mouths. Either way, I think they came out cute and took almost no time at all!

Recycled Bread Tag Snowmen

plastic bread tags
acrylic paint: orange, pink and black
toothpicks
sealer spray, matte finish

If your bread tags are any color but white, you will need to paint them with white acrylic paint first.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenFirst I sketched out some ideas. I really recommend doing this whenever you are trying to make something from your head a reality.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenYou want to do the cheeks first. Use an old scruffy brush and dip it in pink paint. Dab off the excess paint on a piece of paper.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenDab the cheeks on with the pink paint.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenPractice making the noses on a piece of paper.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenAdd noses to the bread clips.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenDip the handle end of a small paintbrush into black paint. Dot on the eyes.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenUse the same dotting method to add a mouth if you like, or use a Sharpie marker. NOTE: If using a Sharpie, let these sit for several hours before spraying with sealer, otherwise the ink may run.

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenIf not using Sharpie, just allow the paint to dry then spray with sealer.

Get the recipe for these chocolate drizzled gingerbread cookies

Recycled Bread Tag SnowmenNow attach to your treat bags, like I did on these chocolate drizzled gingerbread cookies!

67 Responses to Recycled Bread Tag Snowmen

Jane says:

This kills me! It is so simple and brilliant! That's it! I am making it an assignment for my students to bring in bread tags!

Maria Gridley says:

cute cute cute idea!!! :) I LOVE it!

Andrea says:

Oh I love this! This is on my list for next year! Thanks So Much:)

Anonymous says:

You could paint around the hole to make it look like the snowman is singing.

Cute idea! Or it might look like it's eating the bag, LOL but a hungry snowman means that the treats in the bag are yummy right? :) :)

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin says:

Too, too, cute! Thanks for sharing this great, simple idea! I think even *I* can do this one!

Tanya says:

Love these! Great idea :)

beth says:

Oh my, this is so clever! Love it!

Ali Richardson says:

So adorable!

maggy, red ted art says:

These are VERY cute and made me smile. What greedy little snowmen… eating all those cookies!

Maggy
    (And thanks for linking up!)

Mod Podge Amy says:

Awesome Amanda – so quick and easy! I linked to these on Paint Me Plaid. You rock girl! Happy Holidays! xo

Erin says:

These are super cute Amanda! They really add something to a gift! Thanks for sharing.

Cinnamon Rose Cottage says:

Hello Amanda,
    I love your blog and I am having a Christmas link party on my blog and would love if you would add a link.
    Merry Christmas,
    Beverly

phasejumper says:

Visiting from Red Ted Art. These are ADORABLE!

the treat girl says:

Waaaaaaay cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alison says:

WOW!! What a darling idea!!

Its So Very Cheri says:

I am posting about these tomorrow.

Cheri

Liz says:

Great idea!

I'm giving you a Stylish Blogger Award! Come and get it from my blog! http://fastdaze.blogspot.com/2010/12/award-time.html

Gloria Westerman says:

This is fabulous!!!!!!!!! What a bright idea…..will have to try these…..
    Merry Christmas…..

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

That is the cutest idea I've seen, Amanda! How creative and what a great way to add a little something to a package like cookies or candy.

Erin says:

These are so stinkin' cute! You are amazing!

Ashley says:

WOW HOW CUTE!!! I love it :)

I'm your newest follower! Feel free to stop by and follow back: http://ashleycreations-a.blogspot.com/2010/12/monday-blog-hops.html

Thanks!
    - Ashley

AmieAnn says:

These are sooo stinkin cute! I might even love them just a bit more than the Halloween ones.. but only because Snowmen have my heart! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2010/12/pink-hippo-party-9.html

Jenny Harris says:

Adorable! What a great idea!

Lowri says:

Awesome idea – thanks for sharing!

Michelle@Somedaycrafts says:

Another Darling idea! I am featuring this today at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Thanks for all your inspiration.

kimbuktu says:

Very cute, and simple. A perfect combination!

Naturally Me Creations says:

What an absolutely cool idea! Much more unique than just tying a ribbon to seal the package. :)

Judy Bagwell says:

I always save the tags, but never sure what to do with them. Thanks for the great idea!!

Diane {Created by Diane} says:

So cute, I love how creative you are!

Jenn Erickson says:

Visiting from the linky party at "My Backyard Eden" and had to come by, Amanda, to say this: Genius! Positively genius! I love your creativity and cleverness!

Patti says:

very clever…they are so cute on the treat bags!

Mary says:

Hi, I found your blog at My Romatic Home. I love your bread tags, too cute! I would like to invite you to post this over at my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at my blog, Boogieboard Cottage. The link is already up. I hope you can join the party!

Happy New Year,
    Mary

Thanks so much everyone!

Jenny @ Embellishing Life says:

You make the cutest stuff! I love these! Back when you made the monster tags I was inspired to make some of my own! If you'd like to see them you can find the link here:

They are so cute Jenny! Love the glitter idea, perfect!

MeanestMotherInTheWorld says:

These are SOOO cute! I am just stumbling acrost your blog now and wishing I had found you over the holidays :)
    LOVE your craft ideas :)

Cap Creations says:

Cute!

mercedes Medina says:

OMG…I have been saving big bread tags I new they would come in handy cause they were so. I bake for xmas for the teachers at work and is always looking for the right color ribbon….But now I love to paint and do crafts things and this one, was a winner. Thank you so much for this Ideal. Great work. Mercedes

[...] 12/21/10 – Just a quick update to add in here that I have posted a how-to for recycled bread tag snowmen if you are interested in seeing those. Below is a pic. :) Great for Christmas gift [...]

Cathy Coates says:

These are just the cutest ideas I’ve ever seen! I MUST borrow your idea with the snowman for Christmas cookies for friends! The ideas are endless! Chicks and bunnies for Easter, clowns for parties! These are just GENIUS! Thank you for sharing!!!

[...] throw out those little plastic bread tag clips that come on packages of bagels, English muffins and sandwich buns. Instead, save them to make these cute little snowmen for securing your Christmas [...]

Lindsay says:

Super cute & unique idea!! I featured this on my blog today, feel free to come check it out :)

Rena says:

Oh, these are awesome! I loved your little monster ones, but I wasn’t sure what I’d do with those. These would make a great addition to a food gift!

Candace says:

Just too cute for words!!! Very clever and creative. Thanks.

[...] Snowman Bread Tabs for Packaging Cancel reply [...]

[...] if you decide to make these treats and wrap them up as gifts, you totally have to try this adorable snowman bread tag reuse [...]

[...] Goodies to take home. Have extra treats? (found in my helpful snowman treat post!) Wrap them up with these adorable ties. [...]

Susan says:

Fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

Jena says:

you could probably use Q-tips to make the marks for the cheeks.

These are so cute!

[...] Make bread clip snowmen a la Crafts by Amanda, and impress your housemates. Bread Clip Snowmen by Crafts by [...]

Elle says:

OMG. These are stinkin’ adorable! I love the stuff you do, Amanda.

These are adorable! What a great way to reuse bread tags!

I would love for you to link this up to the Holiday Hop of Goodies on my site. http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2012/11/holiday-hop-of-goodies-introducing-our.html

[...] full and exhausting day. Not much energy for Pinteresting today. That is why I decided to make a snowman bread tag. I thought these were pretty cute and they would make for a cute way to tie a gift bag of cookies. I [...]

[...] might remember the bread tag monsters I made last year for Halloween and the bread tag snowmen I made last [...]

[...] source source source source source [...]

Claire says:

SUPER IDEA!!! We could also put little thoughts at the back, like :……LOVE…..FRIENDS……..JOY………..PEACE……FAMILY….

I wonder if they would work as a glass marker. Has anyone tried??????

[…] I found this gorgeous idea via Pinterest (follow us) over at Craft’s by Amanda. […]