Make Valentine Tea Bags

Make Valentine Tea BagsThese cute tea bags are refashioned and dressed up for Valentine’s Day. Take an ordinary tea bag, add some pretty scrapbook paper and you have a thoughtful, and useful, gift to give to teachers, friends, neighbors or family members. Go one step further and create the tea bag envelope too for that added personal touch!

Make Valentine Tea BagsI used to participate in a secret sister club years ago. The idea is that you are given a person’s name, their interests, hobbies, likes, etc, and all month you send them messages, gifts if you like, and snail mail cards or letters. The entire time they are clueless as to who is sending to them until the end of the month when your name is revealed. One of the most memorable gifts I ever received as a secret sister was a pretty card with a simple tea bag inside. It was accompanied by a cute little poem and I just thought it was so sweet.

Make Valentine Tea BagsFor my Valentine tea bags I looked for some poems but wasn’t real hip on what I found. So instead, I altered one to fit my needs. If you would like to include a poem, especially if you are sending these little gifts through the mail, here’s one that fits the bill:

I’ve sent this cup of friendship
A little bag of tea
I hope that when you drink it
You’ll surely think of me.

Make Valentine Tea BagsFunny thing is, I’m not a big hot tea drinker. In fact, I don’t really like it at all… and I was born in England! ;) However, I’m a big iced tea fan, especially flavored ones. So for this project I created both hot and iced tea bags to give as gifts.

Make Valentine Tea BagsTo keep the two separate, and to help the recipient, I printed the type of tea and short instructions onto address labels and attached them to the tea bag envelopes. If you would like to make some of your own, here’s a how to:

Valentine Tea Bags

Tea bags
1 tea bag envelope to use as a guide
Scrapbook papers
Non toxic glue stick
Scissors or paper cutter
Glue dots
Address labels
Ribbon
White craft glue

Remove tea bag from the tea bag envelope. Set the envelope aside. Use scrapbook papers to create a new tag for your tea bag and use glue stick to attach it. I used two different patterned papers, one square and one cut into a heart shape.

Open the tea bag envelope all the way, carefully so that you don’t rip the paper. Lay the envelope onto the scrapbook paper, use the envelope as a template to cut a piece of scrapbook paper just slightly bigger than the original.

Fold the scrapbook paper using the paper tea envelope as a guide. use glue stick to attach the two sides together, but not the top flap. Allow to dry.

Insert the tea bag, string, and tab into the envelope. Seal the envelope flap with a glue dot.

Create labels and attach the back of the envelope. Tie bows from ribbon, trim ends and use a dot of white glue to attach to the front of the envelope.

Print out the poem and include with your tea bag gifts.

I’ve sent this cup of friendship
A little bag of tea
I hope that when you drink it
You’ll surely think of me.
Make Valentine Tea Bags
Below is a list of craft parties I link to each week. There’s lots of creative talent out there, check them out :)
Craftomaniac Monday
Think Pink Sunday
Sunday Scoop
Sunday Showcase
Craft Schooling Sunday

31 Responses to Make Valentine Tea Bags

Nancy says:

I love your idea. I have a Girl Scout Troop and we did this for our Thinking Day Event. We represented Afghanistan and our theme was "Three Cups of Tea".

Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!
    Nancy with http://myurbancorner.blogspot.com/

Liz says:

Love it! What a great idea. I'll be doing this for my son's teacher!

pk @ Room Remix says:

What a pretty and clever idea! I think anyone would love to receive these as a gift (I know I would :-)).

Amanda H. says:

Cute! My daughter is having a Valentine Party. She is already excited to make the conversation magnets, but I was trying to think of something that might be fun for the girls to give to their moms as well. I think this one fits the bill! Thank you!

Miranda says:

I should have known these were from you when I saw them at Show and Tell. You make the cutest stuff!:)

Miranda

PS I'm your newest follower. Come check me out out at my spot and become mine, too, if you like my stuff:))

Tammy says:

This is such a sweet idea. It would be great to include in "get well" cards too :)

ma.ol.su says:

Wspaniały pomysł i piękne wykonanie!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Amy of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie says:

Such a brilliant gift idea! I never think of things like this. That's why I have creative blog friends! :) Thanks for linking up at WWC!

PartyMom says:

I love this! I wish I'd seen this before the Birthday Tea I did last month…it would have just upped everything that one extra notch! Great idea! I'm saving this for later!

SmileMonsters says:

These would be great for the kids to make with a little help. I'm thinking teacher gift! I'd love for you to come link up at Fun For Kids Friday.

Jo @ SmileMonsters

Melinda says:

What an adorable idea!

Anne at Bird/Like says:

Love it! I'm a tea drinker and I would consider this a perfect little gift.

Melissa says:

These are SO cute! what a neat idea!

LambAround says:

It's tricky to find a good Valentine's poem. Everything seems so sappy! I love these little tea bags :)

If you get a chance tomorrow, I'd love for you to link up to my Not "Baaad" blog hop!

Chris says:

What a perfect valentine for friends and co-workers. I will absolutely be making these. Thanks so much!

Fancy Lads says:

These are adorable!!!!!!! What a great idea,most of my friends are tea drinkers.
    -Betsy

Sheri@childmade.com says:

Those are great! I love "consumable" gifts for teachers. Thanks for sharing … I'll be linking!

Janett says:

This is so lovely! Thank you for the idea :)

Marika Lemay démonstratrice Stampin'Up! says:

Hi Amanda,
    You inspired me! I made one tea bag and put it on my blog. I linked to your web site. You can see it here:

Thank you!

I love how they came out Marika! Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous says:

this is sooooo cute!

Garden Babe says:

This is it! I am doing a group seed swap and I was looking for something I could make several of pretty quickly that would be extra cute! and you nailed it! I love it! Thank you so much!

[...] Valentine Tea Bags. A sweet and lovely craft, great gifts! [...]

[...] Make Valentine Tea Bags – I just thought these were so fun and cute! [...]

Gorgeous! I love them!!

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

[...] Valentine Tea Bags by Crafts by Amanda – Not into coffee? How about tea? Make personalized tea bags packaged in cute, [...]

Linda says:

I love your darling crafts….working in nursing homes and assisted living facilities us Activity Directors love your fun stuff thank you Linda

[…] Valentines Tea Bags from Crafts by Amanda […]