Paper Plate Black Cat

Paper Plate Black Cat

As far as Halloween characters go, I think the black cat is commonly overlooked. You see tons of mummies, witches and monster crafts, but not very many black cat crafts.

Make an adorable paper plate black cat for Halloween or ANYTIME! Cute craft rom Amanda Formaro of Crafts by Amanda

So today I’m sharing a cute, not scary black cat made from a paper plate. So to make this cute kitty for Halloween, you’ll only need a few things.

Paper Plate Black CatFirst you’ll want to paint the entire back side of the paper plate. Then you’ll use the pattern I have provided to cut the cat pieces from the plate. Tape it all together and you’re all done!

Paper Plate Black Cat

Rating: 51

Paper Plate Black Cat

What you need:

• 1 paper plate
  • Black paint
  • Paintbrush
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • White craft glue
  • 2 large green wiggle eyes
  • 1 small pink pom-pom
  • pattern

What you do:

1. Paint the backside of the paper plate black and let dry.
  2. Turn the plate over to the unpainted side. Cut out the body using the pattern. Cut out the tail and head from the remaining plate. Set scraps aside.
  3. Use tape to attach the tail and the head to the back of the plate, using the photo as a guide.
  4. Glue on wiggle eyes and pink pom-pom for the nose.
  5. From the scraps of black plate, cut 6 thin whiskers of equal length and glue to the cat’s face.

Notes from Amanda

Colored wiggle eyes are available at your local craft supply store.

Paper Plate Black Cat

28 Responses to Paper Plate Black Cat

LOL! Love it! It is so cute! :)

dacraftylady says:

I love the cat and then I saw you also have an owl and crow. How clever, I just used a green paper plate to make gills fo rmy sea monster costume… :) I will have to post the how tos on my website… thanks for sharing. Debb

pam says:

Very cute Amanda! I love that it is made using the simplest things around the house and yet turned out looking so awesome!

BlueCat says:

Great and easy to do for children. Thank you for the idea.

charisa says:

This is so clever! My kids will love it!

shel says:

i’m loving this craft!!

Surayya says:

Super Awesome! Marking your site for future :)
    BlissfulSewing

Adorable and VERY Clever!!!

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Kerstie says:

So, purrrrfect.

[...] Etkinliğimizin yapılışına gelince, beyaz kağıt bir tabağı siyah renge boyayıp ay şeklinde kesiyoruz. Kuyruğu kesilen parçalardan yapabilirsiniz. Baş kısmı için de siyah bir karton işinizi görebilir yada beyaz bir kartonu siyaha boyayabilirsiniz. Gözlerimiz hazır satılan oynayan gözlerden burnumuzda pembe pon pondan. Ayrıntılar Crafts by Amanda‘da. [...]

This is darling! I plan to make one with my daughter!

Ruthann says:

Thanks for this adorable craft!!! I found it on Thursday, painted the plates w my preschool class on Friday, and sent home these cute kitties today for Halloween. They were a big hit! All the other teachers were oohing and aahing over them. So fun! Thanks!!

Carole says:

Very cute. :-)

Sadly, black cats are overlooked in real life too.

Amber says:

I can’t seem to find the pattern can you email it to me?

khitam says:

it is so cute,thanks a lot, i will do it for my kids this Halloween. it is good and new idea!

Kirstyn says:

Fab! And so simple! Thankyou for sharing your crafts x

[…] Halloween Garland 50. Pumpkin Rocks 51. Halloween Crafts For Kids – Toilet roll spiders 52. Paper Plate Black Cat 53. Coffee Filter ‘Stained Glass’ Pumpkins 54. Happy Halloween: It’s Party […]

Eden P. Bheem Singapore says:

Thank you so much for the wonderful craft you design for children. We love it . Happy Halloween” “MEOW

[…] I love the looks of this modern looking cat. Make Halloween decorations using this idea and the instructions shown at CRAFTS BY Amanda. […]