As far as Halloween characters go, I think the black cat is commonly overlooked. You see tons of mummies, witches and monster crafts, but not very many black cat crafts. So today I’m sharing a cute, not scary black cat made from a paper plate. So to make this cute kitty for Halloween, you’ll only need a few things.
First you’ll want to paint the entire back side of the paper plate. Then you’ll use the pattern I have provided to cut the cat pieces from the plate. Tape it all together and you’re all done!
What you need:
- 1 paper plate
- Black paint
- White craft glue
- 2 large green wiggle eyes
- 1 small pink pom-pom
What you do:
- Paint the backside of the paper plate black and let dry.
- Turn the plate over to the unpainted side. Cut out the body using the pattern. Cut out the tail and head from the remaining plate. Set scraps aside.
- Use tape to attach the tail and the head to the back of the plate, using the photo as a guide.
- Glue on wiggle eyes and pink pom-pom for the nose.
- From the scraps of black plate, cut 6 thin whiskers of equal length and glue to the cat’s face.
Notes from Amanda
Colored wiggle eyes are available at your local craft supply store.
Copyright CraftsbyAmanda.com Amanda Formaro