I have a quick summer craft project for you and the kids today. Little hand held fans that look like watermelons, made from paper plates and craft sticks! This is a great project for a hot summer day. If you prefer to keep the paint bottles on the shelf, use construction paper instead.
Printable instructions below!
If you’re looking for another fun watermelon themed idea, try these yummy watermelon cookies from my food blog, Amanda’s Cookin’!
Paper Plate Watermelon Fan
What you need:
- 1 paper plate
- 1 jumbo craft stick
- Acrylic craft paint: green, pink, light pink, black
- White craft glue
What you do:
- Cut a V-shape from the paper plate to create a watermelon wedge.
- Paint the craft stick and the rim of the paper plate green.
- Paint the center of the plate pink.
- Use light pink to add a border between the green and pink paint on the paper plate.
- Use the handle end of a large paintbrush dipped in black paint to dot on the seeds.
- When everything is dry, use white craft glue to attach the craft stick to the back of the paper plate.
Notes from Amanda
TIP: If you wish to have a more finished look, you can paint the back of the fan green to match the craft stick.
Copyright CraftsbyAmanda.com Amanda Formaro