Here’s another craft that went missing from Kaboose. I created this project for them several years ago (had to be prior to 2008) and it’s disappeared from the site. This is such a cute project for winter or Christmas, seemed such a shame to let it disappear into the internet black hole!
What you need:
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Red crayon
- Black pen or marker
- Construction paper: black, red, orange, yellow
- Glue stick
What you do:
- Lay the paper bag flat and use a marker and a ruler to draw lines across the bag to create the bricks. Draw the vertical lines to create each brick. Color the bricks with a red crayon.
- Cut the hearth from black construction paper and glue to the bag.
- Cut flame shapes from red construction paper. Use that as a guide to cut flames from yellow and orange as well, then trim down the orange so they are smaller than the red. Trim down the yellow so they are smaller than the orange. Glue the flames (red, orange, yellow) to the hearth.
- Fill bag with crumpled paper to give it some body and close the top.
Copyright CraftsbyAmanda.com Amanda Formaro