Here’s a fun and easy Father’s Day gift the kids can make for their dad. And it’s useful too! You’d be hard pressed to find a dad who can’t use a hammer in his tool supplies. So it’s a perfect gift, right? Just a little decorating is all that’s needed to make it his own.
Note: some links below are affiliate links. That means if you happen to buy something, a small percentage of that sale goes back into this site, which enables me to continue to bring you free tutorials such as this one. So, thanks!
As always, a full printable supply list and instructions are at the end of this post.
For this project you will need the following supplies:
Remove any labels from the handle and sand it to remove rough edges, if any.
Cover claw with painter’s tape.
Paint wooden handle with 2 coats of black paint, allow to dry between coats.
Use paint pen to write “Nailed It!” on the handle.
Write dad around the bottom of the handle.
Use painter’s tape to ad two stripes with gray paint above “dad”.
Allow to dry for 30 minutes. Spray handle with 2-3 coats of acrylic sealer, allowing sealer to dry for 20 minutes between coats.
More Father’s Day crafts
Looking for more ideas for dad? Check out my entire Father’s Day craft section here, or below are a few of my favorites!
- Hammer with a wooden handle
- Paint pen - silver or white
- Craft paint: black and gray
- Acrylic sealer spray
- Painter's tape
- Remove any labels from the handle and sand it to remove rough edges, if any.
- Cover claw with painter's tape.
- Paint wooden handle with 2 coats of black paint, allow to dry between coats.
- Use paint pen to write "Nailed It!" on the handle. Write dad around the bottom of the handle.
- Use painter's tape to ad two stripes with gray paint above "dad".
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes.
- Spray handle with 2-3 coats of acrylic sealer, allowing sealer to dry for 20 minutes between coats.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017