I was sitting here yesterday trying to decide what would be the easiest, least expensive, last minute Halloween craft. At first I was going to use construction paper, and you certainly could, but I really like felt so much better.
These are such cute little ghouls and they can literally be made in a few short minutes! So if you need a last minute craft for the kids, or just want something that can be made during a Halloween party, try these little guys on for size.
Oh, and they double as finger puppets too!
Last Minute Felt Ghouls for Halloween
you will need
felt: orange, white, purple, red, green or black
hot glue gun
black felt for eyes and mouths
white paint pen or white craft paint
paintbrush (you only need the handle end, so a pencil eraser could work too)
What you do
Halloween Felt Ghouls: Last Minute Easy Craft
- felt: orange white, purple, red, green or black
- hot glue gun
- black felt for eyes and mouths
- felt glue
- white paint pen or white craft paint
- paintbrush you only need the handle end, so a pencil eraser could work too
- You can pre-cut shapes so that the kids can just roll them up and trim, or give them half sheets of felt and let them roll them up themselves and then trim them. If you cut them first, just cut out a fan shape, then roll. Secure the cone shape with hot glue. You can use felt glue, but they will take longer to dry and you will have to hold them closed while they do, thus adding time to the craft.
- Trim the bottoms so that your cones stand up by themselves.
- Cut out simple eyes and mouths from black felt and use felt glue to adhere them to your ghouls.
- Dip the handle end of a paintbrush into white paint and dot on some eyes if you like. You can also use a paint pen. Let dry.
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath - May 2, 2023
Jenny @ DIY Newlyweds says
Super cute and easy, I love it!
These are totally adorable, just like all the other Halloween-ish projects you've been showing lately!
Thanks you guys!
Tony and Kimra says
how fun! great craft for kids. I LOVE all of your monster stuff.
Tamara Jansen says
Those ghouls are just the cutest! Thanks for sharing
Oh my gosh, those are the most adorable ghosties I've ever seen! Susan
Jane Bonacci says