Today I have one of the easiest ladybug crafts ever to share with you! Make these adorable ladybug sun visors using foam visors from the craft store, paint and a round sponge applicator. A fun group craft, great for camp or a sleepover.
These are so easy, they just require some drying time, and not even that much! Aren’t they cute? Your kids will love these, they are fun to make and fun to wear.
These visors come in a variety of colors, so pick whatever you like and get started!
This would be a great group craft. Think summer camp or day camp, after school care, or even a sleepover. Do you have a ladybug unit coming up? This is a fun project to include!
Here’s just how simple they are. You will need a couple of round sponge applicators, a big one and a small one.
Use the big one dipped in white to create the eyes.
Clean it off and use it dipped in black for the spots.
Then after the whites of the eyes have dried, use the small applicator dipped in black to add the pupils. You can also add eyebrows with a black fine point pen if you like.
Guess what? You’re done! Just wait a little while for them to dry before wearing them. Have fun!
Isn’t Dominic a good sport? He was goofing around and put the visor on, then he actually let me take a picture. Haha.
More Ladybug Crafts
Plastic Lid Ladybugs
Egg Carton Ladybugs
Recycled Ladybug Jar
Paper Plate Ladybugs
Paper Loop Ladybug – Free Kids Crafts
Recycled Ladybug Craft – Home is Where My Heart is
Love-ly Ladybugs – Spoonful
More of Ladybug Ideas – Fun Family Crafts
- Foam visors
- White and black craft paint
- Round sponge applicators (large and small)
- Fine tip black marker
- Dip large round applicator in White paint. Apply two large circles next to each other at the top front of the visor for the eyes.
- Clean out applicator and dip in Black paint. Apply in various places on the visor to create ladybug’s spots.
- When white eyes are completely dry, use small round applicator dipped in Black to add the eye’s pupils.
- Use a fine tip marker to add eyebrows.