No need to buy a ring toss game, why not make your own in neon colors! Neons make the pieces easy to spot in the yard, and what child doesn’t love bright colorful neon? This game was made with a paint stir stick and 3 floral craft rings. Great for barbecues and summertime fun! While you’re waiting for the paint to dry, try these giant homemade bubbles!
This is just a quickie post, as I wanted to make sure I got this idea out to you before the 4th of July. I used Craft Smart neon paint, available from Michaels.
These floral rings are also available from Michaels. While paper plates are fun, they are too lightweight, especially for outdoor play. These rings have some weight to them, but they’re not heavy, making them just the right size.
The steps are pretty darn easy. Paint with white first, otherwise you’ll have a hard time covering with the neon paints.
Have fun and hope you are enjoying your summer!
Neon Ring Toss Game
- 3 6- inch Floral & Craft Rings
- 1 paint stir stick
Craft Smart Paint
- Neon Pink
- Neon Orange
- Neon Yellow
- Neon Green
- Matte Varnish
- Paint the craft rings and paint stir stick with White paint.
- Paint the paint stir stick Neon Yellow.
- Paint the craft rings, one each color: Neon Pink, Neon Green, Neon Orange.
- For added protection, give everything a coat of varnish.