One of my day jobs is Chief Editor of Craftown.com. I’m working on beefing up the content over there and will be adding lots of new crafts to the site in the coming months. I’m even looking for contributors! So if you are interested in sharing your projects, check out the information on the contributor’s page.
This paper plate mummy is one of many crafts I will be making for Craftown. I have several more up my sleeve, this is just the first of many. This is a really easy project for kids and I think it turned out so cute! Get the instructions for the Halloween Paper Plate Mummy here.
Paper Plate Mummy
- 1 paper plate
- 1/2 sheet black construction paper
- 1-2 sheets white construction paper
- 1/2 sheet orange construction paper
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- Cut a piece of black paper about 5" x 3" and glue it to the paper plate (see photo).
- Cut two circles from orange paper, about the size of a half dollar. Use a black marker to draw a dot for the pupil. Glue the eyes to the black paper.
- Tear white construction paper into strips. Using glue stick, paste the strips horizontally across the front of the paper plate. Repeat this process, overlapping as you go, folding the edges over to the back of the plate.
- Use a black marker to add a squiggly line for a mouth.