This week I made this adorable sweet treat snowman gift bag for Craftown.com. Isn’t he cute?? I don’t mean to sound full of myself, I’m not, I’m just tickled with how he came out. I love it when a project comes out exactly how you planned, and this one did just that. Fill this bag with sweet treats to give as a gift to a neighbor, teacher or maybe even the mail carrier! His scarf and buttons are made of candy papers and his earmuff handle is removable so you can easily add or remove treats.
Snowman Treat Bag: Sweet Treats
- White paper lunch bag
- decorative scalloped scissors
- glue stick
- candy themed scrapbook paper
- black paper we used black music note paper
- orange gingham paper
- pink colored pencil
- black Sharpie marker
- 2 large pom poms
- 2 paper fasteners
- instant grab glue
- silver glittery ribbon
- Use the scalloped scissors to trim about an inch off the top of the bag.
- Use candy themed scrapbook paper to create the scarf. Cut a strip the width of the bag and about 2" high. Use the glue stick to attach it to the top third of the bag.
- Cut two more strips of candy themed paper for the hanging ends of the scarf. Tuck them under the left side of the neck part of the scarf. Trim the ends and fringe with scissors.
- Cut two half circles from black paper. use glue stick to attach to the bottom of the front of the bag.
- Cut a long triangle from the orange gingham paper for the nose. Place the nose on the face section but don't glue it yet. Use the pink pencil to draw on rosy cheeks. Now glue the nose in place with the glue stick.
- Use the Sharpie marker to draw on eyes and mouth.
- Use instant grab glue to attach the head of the paper fastener to a pom pom. Repeat with the other fastener and pom pom. Cut or poke a hole in the ends of the ribbon (first figure out how long your ribbon should be by positioning the ribbon over the top of the bag).
- To attach the handle, poke a small hole in each side of the bag where the handle end will go. Insert the paper fastener through the ribbon end then through the bag, bend the fastener in place inside the bag.
You can get the tutorial for this snowman sweet treat bag on Craftown.com
- Fingerprint Daddy & Me Coffee Mug - May 30, 2023
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
^_^ è proprio simpatico! Brava
ADORABLE!! I linked your post up to Christmas I'm Lovin' It Round Up!! thanks again!! http://tidymom.net/2010/im-lovin-it-christmas-round-up/
This is so darn cute!!!
JDaniel4's Mom says
I would be proud of it too. Love the musical feet.
He is adorable!! I especially love his 'earmuffs'!! :)
Made me smile! Very good and totally upto "your fabulous standards"!!!
Thank you so much for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!
Lauren Bird says
Wow what a cute idea! Brag as much as you like these are darling…
I'd love it if you could stop by my blog and check out my 1st giveaway!
Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue says
You should definitely brag because he is just adorable!
Blessed Beyond says
So cute!!! I love it!
Thanks for sharing!
Aww.. I Love it! So cute..Thanks for sharing!
Denise * KKL Primitives says
How cute it that?!!!! Love it Amanda!