Textured Globe Craft

As you probably already know, I have been making crafts for Kaboose.com for over four years now. I have a select handful of favorites, even though I’ve made over 500 for them to date! (wow, I still gasp when I think about that!) Usually I hold on to the projects for about a month, just in case there are any changes or new photo shoots needed, but after that I donate them to my kids’ elementary school. They display them in the office, library, and various other places in the school.

Some I keep for me, though. This globe is one of those keepers. I just love it. I love the way it came out, how it feels, and the comments I get when someone gets into my car for the first time. I have this globe hanging from my rear view mirror.

Here’s a close up, can you guess how I got the continents so textured?

I can’t give you the instructions here, but you can get them from the Kaboose website. This is a really fun project for kids, but it’s even fun for us adults ;) A great project for Earth Day!

Visit thecsiproject.com

I’m participating in the following craft carnivals. To see some other awesome projects, be sure to visit them!

Comments

1. Allison Shops says

Very cool. I would have to keep that one too. Did you mix sand into the mix? Going to go find out!
    Came over from BNOTP.

2. Lanie Ree says

Oh wow. I'm heading over to see how you did the texture right now.

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

3. Kim @ seven thirty three says

That is amazing and I am working with the school on some Earth Day crafts so I'm going to go check it out now!

Thanks for linking up with What are little boys made of?

4. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says

Very cool. The texture makes me want to reach out and touch it!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5. Stephanie Lynn says

Love this project! So creative – I can see why it's a keeper! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

6. Kristi Flanagan says

Great idea – my kids will love this! Thanks for planting your creative seed at Punkin Seed Productions' Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Come plant again on Friday!

Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

7. Valerie says

This is fabulous. My second graders are studying the seven continents this year. This would be a great project for them.

8. KristaBee says

I am such a HUGE fan of this craft. Thank you for the idea. I can't wait for my daughter to get older, so we can try some of your crafts together!