Textured Globe Craft

As you probably already know, I have been making crafts for Kaboose.com for over four years now. I have a select handful of favorites, even though I’ve made over 500 for them to date! (wow, I still gasp when I think about that!) Usually I hold on to the projects for about a month, just in case there are any changes or new photo shoots needed, but after that I donate them to my kids’ elementary school. They display them in the office, library, and various other places in the school.

Some I keep for me, though. This globe is one of those keepers. I just love it. I love the way it came out, how it feels, and the comments I get when someone gets into my car for the first time. I have this globe hanging from my rear view mirror.

Here’s a close up, can you guess how I got the continents so textured?

I can’t give you the instructions here, but you can get them from the Kaboose website. This is a really fun project for kids, but it’s even fun for us adults ;) A great project for Earth Day!

Visit thecsiproject.com

I’m participating in the following craft carnivals. To see some other awesome projects, be sure to visit them!

21 Responses to Textured Globe Craft

Julie says:

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Sweet Little Smoothie says:

This is awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

Allison Shops says:

Very cool. I would have to keep that one too. Did you mix sand into the mix? Going to go find out!
    Came over from BNOTP.

Lanie Ree says:

Oh wow. I'm heading over to see how you did the texture right now.

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

michelle@somedaycrafts says:

500 crafts! Make me tired just thinking about it. I love maps and globes. This is so cool!

Kim @ seven thirty three says:

That is amazing and I am working with the school on some Earth Day crafts so I'm going to go check it out now!

Thanks for linking up with What are little boys made of?

Fawnda says:

Very cool! I love hte texture too! : )

Bobbie says:

That is adorable! I would love for you to come over and link up to check me out saturday http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

Lori says:

Very cool!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

Very cool. The texture makes me want to reach out and touch it!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Stephanie Lynn says:

Love this project! So creative – I can see why it's a keeper! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jessica Hills says:

That's so cool! Thanks so much for linking to Favorite Things Friday!

Kristi Flanagan says:

Great idea – my kids will love this! Thanks for planting your creative seed at Punkin Seed Productions' Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Come plant again on Friday!

Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

Valerie says:

This is fabulous. My second graders are studying the seven continents this year. This would be a great project for them.

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts says:

Wow! I love the textured look. Visiting from CSI.

Teri says:

That is a great idea. I'll save this one for doing with my niece and nephew in the future.

~*~Ash~*~ says:

I'm having an Earth Day Resources Linky Party and I'd love for this lesson to be on there! Check it out at:
    Teaching Happily Ever After: Earth Day!

KristaBee says:

I am such a HUGE fan of this craft. Thank you for the idea. I can't wait for my daughter to get older, so we can try some of your crafts together!

Thank you Krista, so nice of you!

[...] you’d like to make a fun Earth craft with your kids, try my textured globe earth craft, or if your kids are little, they’ll love this coffee filter Earth from The Idea [...]

[…] Earth day with this textured globe from Crafts by Amanda.  This Globe Craft can be done at home or at school and it will look adorable hanging in a kids […]