This simple ring is made from chenille stems and a pom-pom. It’s easy for kids to make and fun to wear! A great Halloween party project, just pile all the supplies in the middle of the table and let the kids go to town. I used black, but your kids can use any color they want for their spiders!
First you’ll cut and bend the chenille legs. Then attach them to the pom-pom. Attach eyes as well.
Then you’ll wrap chenille around your finger to make the ring, then glue the spider to the chenille ring!
- 1 black chenille stem
- 1 skinny orange chenille stem
- 1 medium black pom-pom
- 2 small orange wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
- Glue the wiggle eyes onto the black pom-pom and set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, cut the skinny orange chenille stem in half. Cut each half into three equal pieces; you should have six pieces all together. Cut two of those pieces in half for a grand total of eight (4 long, 4 short).
- Bend each of the longer pieces in a 90 degree angle, then bend the bottom of one end just a little to create a foot.
- For the smaller pieces, just bend the ends to create a foot.
- Glue the legs to the pom-pom and set aside.
- Wrap the black chenille stem around the finger you want to wear your ring on. Twist the two ends together. Glue the spider onto the twisted ends to hide them.
- Set aside to dry completely.
Colored wiggle eyes are available at your local craft supply store.
That’s it, have fun!