I was sitting here yesterday trying to decide what would be the easiest, least expensive, last minute Halloween craft. At first I was going to use construction paper, and you certainly could, but I really like felt so much better.
These are such cute little ghouls and they can literally be made in a few short minutes! So if you need a last minute craft for the kids, or just want something that can be made during a Halloween party, try these little guys on for size.
Oh, and they double as finger puppets too!
Last Minute Felt Ghouls for Halloween
you will need
felt: orange, white, purple, red, green or black
hot glue gun
black felt for eyes and mouths
white paint pen or white craft paint
paintbrush (you only need the handle end, so a pencil eraser could work too)
What you do
- felt: orange, white, purple, red, green or black
- hot glue gun
- black felt for eyes and mouths
- felt glue
- white paint pen or white craft paint
- paintbrush (you only need the handle end, so a pencil eraser could work too)
- You can pre-cut shapes so that the kids can just roll them up and trim, or give them half sheets of felt and let them roll them up themselves and then trim them. If you cut them first, just cut out a fan shape, then roll. Secure the cone shape with hot glue. You can use felt glue, but they will take longer to dry and you will have to hold them closed while they do, thus adding time to the craft.
- Trim the bottoms so that your cones stand up by themselves.
- Cut out simple eyes and mouths from black felt and use felt glue to adhere them to your ghouls.
- Dip the handle end of a paintbrush into white paint and dot on some eyes if you like. You can also use a paint pen. Let dry.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017