Celebrate New Year’s Eve by sharing personalized messages through these easy to make paper fortune cookies. You can use the printable messages I created, or make up your own. Fun to give to friends, family and neighbors!
If you’re looking for New Year’s activities and crafts for kids, check out these 30 ideas at Red Ted Art.
- Scrapbook paper
- Glue dots
- White paper
- Cut scrapbook paper into circles that measure 3½" in diameter.
- Turn the circles over and place a glue dot at the top edge or each one.
- Fold the circle in half, securing with the glue dot. Do not crease the fold.
- Print off the messages I've provided on the template, or open up a Word document and create your own sayings! If you prefer, you can hand write your messages. Try using a gold marker for a festive look! Cut messages into thin strips.
- Insert message into the half circle.
- Using your forefinger in one end of the half-circle, and your thumb in the other, bend the half circle into a fortune cookie. Secure the ends together with another glue dot.
I originally made this project for Spoonful, which has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.