Party crackers usually have a long strip that is placed inside a tube then wrapped up so that the strip sticks out of the end. Then when you grasp both ends and pull a loud “pop” sound is made. Some small kids are more sensitive than others and those parents may not want to use the loud crackers, so instead make these super simple quiet party crackers this Valentine’s Day.
- 1 sheet tissue paper
- 4-inch cardboard tube
- Clear tape
- Trinkets, toys, treats
- Place trinkets and toys inside cardboard tube. Lay tissue paper out on work surface and fold in half.
- Roll tube up inside tissue paper and secure with a piece of tape.
- Tie ends closed with ribbon. All children need to do is grasp both ends of the tissue paper and pull it apart to reveal their treats!
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017