Here’s a fun craft project for the kids to decorate their room with or hang above their homework desk. This would make a fun sign in the classroom too! Especially fun for the truly adventurous child who loves to explore his or her surroundings. Bug collectors anyone??
You’ll need 3 paint stir sticks for this project. You can get them from a home improvement store or a hardware store that sells paint. I usually have a bunch laying around from previous home improvement projects (like painting the living room or kitchen) but you can always ask at the store. They usually don’t mind giving a few to you for a good cause. ;-)
Hot glue the paint sticks together to create the base for your sign.
Use a pen or pencil to write “explore” across the front of the sign.
Trace the word with 3D paint. I used Americana Writer 3D paint.
Puffy paint will work or even hot glue, but you’ll have to remove the strings. Allow to dry for several hours.
Paint the sign and the letters with yellow paint. Repeat for another coat if needed.
If you like you can leave the sign as is, or use your child’s fingerprints to create bugs in red, green and blue. Add legs and antennae with a black marker.
3D Explore Sign for Kids
- 3 paint stir sticks
- Hot glue gun
- 3 mini craft sticks
- White craft glue
- Americana 3D Writer or Puffy Paint
- Acrylic paint: yellow red, blue, green
- Black fine point marker
- Scrap strip of denim or fabric
- Hot glue the paint sticks together to create the base for your sign.
- Use white glue to attach 3 mini craft sticks to the back of your 'sign" to add some reenforcement.
- Use a pen or pencil to write "explore" across the front of the sign. Trace the word with 3D paint. Allow to dry for several hours.
- Paint the sign and the letters with yellow paint. Repeat for another coat if needed.
- Use your child's fingerprints to create bugs in red, green and blue. Add legs and antennae with a black marker.
Disclaimer: This post contains one or more Amazon affiliate links. That means if you click through and happen to buy something from Amazon, I will earn a small commission from that sale.