That’s right! In five minutes you can have a beautiful centerpiece or decoration for your entryway ready to greet guests. These festive lanterns are super simple and very impressive. Great for New Years!
BUTTON TREE – Several people have already asked about the button tree above the trees. Here’s the link to my tutorial for the button tree. :)
You know the drill. You have guests coming over, dinner is in the oven, appetizers on the table and suddenly you realize that your table lacks a centerpiece or there’s a spot that needs that little extra something.
I used transparent paper I bought in the scrapbook section of the craft store, but if you are really in a pinch parchment paper would work beautifully!
I originally made this project for my monthly column in the Chicago Tribune.
Use battery operated LED lights to illuminate your trees and you have the fastest decoration in town!
5 Minute Winter Tree Lanterns
- 1 sheet of white vellum or plastic paper or parchment paper!
- 1 LED tea light 2 for larger trees
- Double sided tape or tape runner
- First roll your paper into a cone shape and make note of what edge of the paper will need adhesive.
- Apply double sided tape or use a tape runner along that edge then roll into a cone and press edge to secure in place.
- Use scissors to trim the excess paper at the bottom of your cone tree so that it stands evenly.
- Place each cone tree over the top of an LED tea light and enjoy the beautiful glow!