Making your own stamps from bubble wrap is super easy. These apple shapes are great for decorating wrapping paper, making thank you cards, creating a fun banner or bunting, or just for a fun art project. No matter what you use them for, your kids will have a blast!
Cut your bubble wrap down to about 6-inch squares, doesn’t have to be perfect. Just make them a workable size. On the bubble side, paint a simple apple shape. Paint it lightly, you don’t want the paint to go down into the crevices. You just want it on the actual bubbles.
Next you’ll carefully turn your bubble wrap paint side down onto your surface to be stamped. In my case, brown paper.
Carefully lift it off or peel it back to reveal your stamped design!
I did this with two different colors.
Just use a different piece of bubble wrap for each separate color.
This would be fun with fabric paint to decorate an apron, t-shirt or a canvas bag. Great for apple picking when you hit the orchard!
As always, have fun! :)
More Apple Fun
Caramel Apple Cookies on a Stick – Meaghan says that even though these cookies look like caramel apples (and man are they cute!) they don’t actually taste like it. A totally fun fall treat!
Plastic Bottle Apples – I love these because they are made from the bottoms of recycled plastic bottles. They are really cute and make great gift containers.
Apple Cider Cups – These edible drinking cups are so festive and cute!
And while you’re looking, here are 50 activities for fall your kids will love!
- Bubble wrap
- Brown paper
- Paint: red, green, dark red, dark green
- Cut bubble wrap into 6-inch squares.
- Paint an apple shape onto the bubble side of the bubble wrap. Apply the paint lightly, using the side of the paintbrush. You want the paint on the bubbles but not down into the crevices.
- Carefully turn bubble wrap over and gently press onto the brown paper.
- Paint stems and leaves on with a paintbrush.