Before you consider throwing away your empty juice boxes, why not save them and make a fun Halloween craft with your kids! Save several of them to make cute Jack O’Lanterns like this one. This would be a fun Halloween party project. You can also make these in unopened juice boxes, just leave an area open at the top for the straw!
First cut your felt per the instructions. Then wrap the box.
Roll up some felt for the stem and twist a chenille stem around a pencil for the vine!
Here’s the printable instructions for you, have fun! Oh and if you like these, try my Juice Box Monsters too!
Juice Box Jack O’Lantern
- Empty juice box container
- 1 sheet orange felt
- 1/4 sheet black felt
- 1/4 sheet dark green felt
- Scrap of brown felt
- Felt glue or hot glue gun
- 1 skinny green chenille stem
- Rinse and dry the juice box. Tape the top closed.
- Cover the juice box with orange felt. First, without gluing, wrap the juice box in felt and trim excess, leaving just about 1/2” overlap. Cut slits in the felt at each corner of the box (see photo), this will help in folding as your cover. Use hot glue (quickest method) or felt glue to cover the juice box.
- Roll up a scrap of brown felt, approximately 2” x 1”, and glue it to the top of the box as the stem.
- Wrap the chenille stem around a pencil. Pull the pencil out and bend the center of the coiled chenille around the pumpkin’s stem. Glue in place.
- Cut simple leaf shapes from dark green felt. Use these leaves to cover up folds of orange felt at the top and bottom of the pumpkin.
- Cut out face shapes from black felt and glue in place.
‘); // ]]>