I have a super simple pom pom snowman craft for you today. You’ve seen those little desk buddies, usually they are colorful and have a little banner sticking out from underneath them with some silly or cute saying. Well this pom pom snowman craft is also a little desk buddy, but with no particular message, unless you want to add one!
Because of the numerous kid’s crafts that I make I have an overabundance of pom poms in all sizes and colors. I love pom poms because they are so easy to work with, glue grabs on quite nicely, and they are soft and easy for kids to manipulate!
Kids love to work with poms poms. Adults love them because they are inexpensive and come in tons of colors. They are easy for kids to hold and work with and it’s simple to add embellishments, especially felt, pipe cleaners and even other pom poms. You can make all sort of cute animals from them, just let the kids use their imaginations!
This pom pom snowman craft is great for any age. In fact, he was sitting in my desk for quite a while until one of my cats stole him. They love to play with pom poms!
This snowman desk buddy would make a great scout craft or a fun birthday make and take craft too! If it’s snowy and too cold outside, get the kids together for a fun afternoon of creating. Here are some other fun craft ideas for the kids.
Cute Snowman Crafts
- 1 jumbo white pom-pom
- 1 medium orange pom-pom
- 2 miniature black pom-poms
- Black and green felt
- Thin cardboard (snack box, back of a note pad, etc)
- White craft glue
- Cut "feet" from black felt. Hint: Cut a heart then trim off the bottom of the heart, leaving the humps. Glue to cardboard then trim the visible cardboard.
- Glue the jumbo white pom-pom to the feet. Glue the orange pom-pom to the white pom-pom for the nose and the black pom-poms for the eyes.
- Cut a scarf from green felt and fringe the end. Glue in between the white pom-pom and the feet.