Perfect for summer, these little strawberry cups are colorful, fun to make and will put a smile on your child’s face. Fill them with treats for a strawberry themed birthday, or use them for afternoon tea time with Teddy! Whatever the case, these cute little strawberry treat cups make for a fun afternoon of crafting.
I originally made these for FaveCrafts as strawberry season began. I went to Facebook and offered up several pictures of projects I had yet to post on the blog. I asked you all to vote for the one you wanted posted next and this one was the winner!
Hope you are having a wonderful summer!
Strawberry Treat Cups
- Styrofoam coffee cups
- Craft paint in red various other shades optional
- Black Sharpie marker
- Pipe cleaners 2 for each cup (We suggest green, white, pink, red)
- Felt: white and green
- Yellow buttons
- White craft glue
- Tissue paper
- Paint the outside of the cups and allow to dry. Depending on the paint, you may need 2-3 coats.
- Use a black Sharpie marker to dot on the outer seeds (“achenes”).
- Twist two pipe cleaners together. Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the side of the cup for the handle, just below the rim. Poke through the opposite side of the cup as well. Insert the pipe cleaner about 1/2″ into one of the holes from the outside of the cup, bend the end to secure. Take the other end of the pipe cleaner and insert from the outside of the cup on the other side, creating the handle.
- To decorate the rim, cut green felt into 2-inch wide strips. Use scissors to create a decorative edge mimicking leaves. Use white craft glue to attach to the rim, covering the handle as well.
- Cut simple flowers from white felt and glue a yellow button to the center. Glue the flower to the top of the pipe cleaner handle. Allow to dry.
- Line cups with tissue paper and fill with treats!
Expert Tips & FAQs
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family - March 7, 2023
- St. Patrick’s Day Activity Sheets - February 28, 2023
- Shamrock Man - February 21, 2023
Cookie 17 says
These are so cute ,could ya put cut up watermelon in them all so ….Keep up good work Amanda,,Cookie17
[email protected] of Laughter says
What a wonderful craft Amanda! The colours are fabulous and I love how you used ordinary styro foam coffee cups for the base and painted them! Have a fabulous week! Angie xo
Elizabeth Borg says
These are really lovely; thank you for sharing. What a perfect activity for parents/carers and their children to share in a family learning session or at home during the summer holidays :-)
Connie Walcott says
These are just too cute, love the bright colors!