These witch’s hats are easy enough that young kids can make them and whimsical enough that even adults will enjoy the project.
Simple adjustments in embellishments will allow you to change the difficulty level. So whether it’s little ones that need a fun project, or you have a craving for crafting yourself, these hats make a great table decoration! Make a few for this year’s Halloween party.
Hope you like them!
Witch's Hat Craft
- 2 sheets of black construction paper
- 1 sheet felt green, orange, purple, or red
- Strip of black felt
- White craft glue
- Roll 1 sheet of black paper into a cone. Secure with tape.
- Trim the bottom of the cone so that it will stand up on the table.
- Use a cup or jar as a guide and cut out a circle from black paper large enough for the hat brim.
- Glue the cone to the circle and set aside to dry.
- Cut ¼” or ½” strips of felt and glue them around the cone.
- Cut a strip of black felt to go around the base of the cone.
- If you like, cut a bat out of black felt and glue to your hat.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- Fingerprint Daddy & Me Coffee Mug - May 30, 2023
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
Hi Amanda, I must thank you for your craft ideas. I just finished your 4 seasons tree with a group of aged residents with dementia. They loved it, as did I, and were so happy that some thing they had created turned out so well. It is now hanging with pride on the wall in their residence. We are making rock ladybirds for their gardens next week then on to Halloween!!! So many ideas, so little time. Thank you again for fun creative art and craft for all levels
Amanda Formaro says
Oh that is SO FUN!! Thank you for sharing!
I think this is my new favorite website!!
Thanks Tiffany :) It actually started about 4 years ago. A friend of mine, a fellow webmaster (I was running my website familycorner.com at the time), had been contacted by Kaboose.com. At the time they were not owned by Disney. Anyway, they were looking for someone to make crafts for their site and my friend was too busy with hers so she referred them to me. They gave me a few test assignments and I have been with them ever since :) In June of '09, Disney acquired kaboose and luckily I came along for the ride.
Tiffiny Felix says
These are very cute :) How on Earth did you start making crafts for Disney? I think that's really cool :)