Americana Painted Jars

With the 4th of July right around the corner, I felt it only fitting to share some of my designs from a few years back. These were from the days of my craft store, the days when I sold everything I made, never once thinking I should keep some. So alas, I don’t have any of these jars anymore, but these are all the different designs that I had created. I wish I had kept some!

Unfortunately, I don’t have patterns anymore, but if someone really, truly wanted one, I’m sure I could draw it for you. Problem is, I don’t think I could figure out the colors I used or give you specific directions anymore. However, if you are family with tole painting and know how to float and shade, and if you really want to make one, they should be fairly easy to duplicate.

Just wanted to share since I really haven’t had time to make anything new for the 4th of July this year due to work constraints. Thanks for letting me share these with you!

Some of these I made in honor of 9-11 as well. They aren’t pictured here, but are similar to the dark blue “god bless the usa” jar above, but instead they said “we will never forget”. The one with the pink heart was a custom order for a friend of mine.

Hope you liked them, thanks for letting me share them with you! Hope you have a marvelous 4th of July holiday!

Be sure to stop by Amanda’s Cookin’ to find some great recipes for this weekend.

Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

1. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says

These are adorable! I love the goldish colored one with the star. I just love Americana!

2. Amanda says

Hey! Love your name and your post;)
    I also am Amanda and painted mason jars for my patriotic post! {yours are so adorable!!}
    saw you via todays creative blog and I am becoming a follower:-)
    Amanda@ thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com

3. Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! says

These are delightful…thanks for sharing your talent with us on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

4. Mom2fur says

Those are really cute! You know, I wish they still made mayo jars out of glass. It was always nice to have a supply of 'free' wide-mouthed glass jars!
    BTW, just glancing at some of your projects on your sidebar. You are very creative!

5. michelle@somedaycrafts says

These are adorablE!!! Great recycling! I am featuring these at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

6. Nana's Fun Stuff says

I love love these jars! What a great idea and you did a fantastic job :) I am a new follower now. You're a very creative lady :) Have a great day and thanks for sharing!! ~ Laura

7. Threeundertwo says

These are beautiful. I wish I had that kind of talent. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday! Have a happy 4th!

8. Jerri says

I love the rustic look! You did a fabulous job on these! I wish I had some of these for my house!

Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!