Handprint Easter Lamb

Everyone loves a craft made from a child’s hand print. This cute little lamb is a fun craft for young children, ideal for preschoolers and even toddlers! Sit down with your little ones and make some of these hand print lambs to give to grandparents, teachers, friends or neighbors. Easter will be here before you know it, so be sure to save this project for the coming weeks.

Handprint Easter Lamb

1 sheet pink construction paper
cotton balls
white craft or school glue
black acrylic paint
1 small wiggle eye
Black Sharpie marker
6″ piece of ribbon
paintbrush

Start by writing your child’s name, age and the year the project on the back of the construction paper. Once you’ve created your project it will be three dimensional, making it more difficult to write on the back after the fact!

Use the paintbrush to cover the palm of your child’s hand with black paint. Immediately press child’s hand onto the construction paper to create the handprint.

While the paint on the paper is drying, wash off your child’s hand with soap and water.

Show children how to glue cotton balls to the palm part of the handprint on the paper, overlapping the fingers a little bit.

Next, glue a wiggle eye onto the thumb. Use a marker to draw on an ear.

Tie the ribbon into a bow and trim off any excess. Glue the bow onto “neck” area.

Use the marker to write “Happy Easter” across the top of the project. Hang proudly or package up to give to a loved one.

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only crafts but recipes from my other blog, Amanda’s Cookin’ as well!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

1. Andrea@addicted2tutes says

It's sooo cute! It reminds me of a clothespin sheep I made for Christmas when I was in 4th grade. I'll be doing this with my kids this weekend. They'll love it :)

2. Nana Mama and More says

Wonderful Idea. I think we will add a Bible verse to it to help her learn: "Jesus is the Lamb"

3. Linda@Coastal Charm says

This is so cute…passing it on to my daughter who is a pre-school teacher.

Blessings,
    Linda

4. [email protected] says

Got to love hand prints and cotton balls!
    I might just do this craft with my 16 year old – it will be memorable!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Found you on tater tots…

5. Jenni Price says

Amanda, This is such a creative idea! My kids love to trace their hands so I'm sure they would love to stamp their hands in paint and make it into a cute sheep!

Blessings!
    Jenni

6. Catherine says

Thank you so much for sharing this idea. My boys {ages 6 & 4} made a lamb garland to hang over our fireplace. Not only is this project great for preschoolers & toddlers, but my handicapped son {who has fine motor difficulty} really enjoyed it!

Have a great weekend!

1. […] Butterfly 7. Handprint Tutu 8.  Handprint Flower Bouquet 9. Love Handprint Art  10. Handprint Lamb 11.  Handprint Heart Tree 12. Handprint Flower […]