Paper Plate Frisbees

Paper Plate Frisbees

Summer is here and the kids are outside more and more. Whether it’s summer camp, playing in the park or just hanging out in the neighborhood, outdoors is where it’s at! This is a fun project that can be made (outside if you want to!) easily and with little supervision. When done, have fun tossing the frisbee around with your friends, but don’t let the dog get it!

Paper Plate Frisbees

This is a great craft for camp. One package of paper plates will make a LOT of frisbees! When your campers are done, have a throwing competition to see whose goes the farthest. You can also have art competitions and award ribbons or pins to most creative, most colorful, most unique and so on.

Paper Plate Frisbees

Paper Plate Frisbees

Paper Plate Frisbees

Rating: 51

What you need:

• 2 paper plates for each frisbee
  • colorful markers or crayons
  • scissors
  • clear shipping tape

What you do:

1. Place both plates right side up, as if you were going to put food on them. Cover them with clear shipping tape, allowing the excess tape to overlap, but do not fold it over. Use the scissors to cut off the excess around the plate.
  2. Turn the plates upside down and use markers or crayons to decorate as you wish.
  3. Place both plates together so that the decorated sides are facing out. Holding the plates together, cut a circle out of the center of each plate.
  4. Place both plates, decorated side facing up, onto the work surface. Using the clear shipping tape, cover the decorated side, over lapping the center circle. Fold the edges over through the center circle and trim the edges of the outside of the plate.
  5. Place the two plates together, decorative side facing outward, and tape all of the edges together.

Paper Plate Frisbees

Comments

1. jet says

wooow this is a cool awesome idea!!!
    Loved it!!!!
    Thank you for sharing it, and the great tute as well;-D

2. Kelsey says

These were great! This helped me and my son get his homework done! He is in Kindergarten and this was the perfect thing for him to do on his own with my supervision! My Preschool daughter made one too (I just had to do the cutting)!

3. valleygirl says

Wow, we read these directions a few times and we are totally lost. Just going off the picture and going to do our own thing but the tape directions make no sense at all. I’m not sure how everyone else hasn’t noticed? Or are we just having an off day over here? Great idea, just really poorly written (and with spelling errors, ugh).

• says

Hi Valley girl. I wrote to you via email but didn’t receive a response. I went over the instructions again and they look fine to me, though I did correct the spelling errors, thanks for pointing that out. Let me know where you are having trouble and I will do my best to help.

4. Shelly says

Amanda, Thanks for this really cute idea. I work for an after school youth program and one of my duties is craft instructor. I’m always looking for crafts projects that can be done in 1/2 hours time and with 10 t0 12 students at a time , kindergarten thru 5th grade. And on a limited budget. I haven’t done these yet because it’s summer break but can’t wait to give it try.

Thanks again, Shelly

5. Andrea says

Hi I run a saturday club for 3 to 9 year olds in Tenerife in the Canary Islands, (of the coast of Africa)! great idea but just one question, What is Shipping tape? is it sticky? and why do you use t? I hope these are’nt dumb questions, i’ve had a go at making them and just used a tacky glue to stick them together, but I’m still curious, so could you please put me out of my misery!!!

• says

Hi Andrea! Shipping tape, or mailing tape, is just a clear tape used when closing boxes for shipping and mailing purposes. The reason I used the shipping tape was twofold: 1) to hold everything together, and 2) to protect the drawings and the paper plates from any rain or spills from the kids. :)