You already saw my foam cup chick and foam cup sheep, so here’s the cute little bunnies you can make too! If you want to make this a little easier for the little ones, you can skip the pipe cleaners on the ears.
- 8-ounce foam cup
- Craft paint in black and any color of your choice for the bunny
- 2 pipe cleaners
- Scrapbook paper or construction paper
- Tool: scissors, black marker, hot glue gun, toothpick
- Paint the outside of the foam cup and allow to dry.
- Cut simple ears and feet from scrapbook paper. Cut a triangle from pink paper for the nose.
- Cut a pipe cleaner it half for the legs and glue the feet to one of the ends. For the ears, cut another pipe cleaner in half and glue to the outer edge of the paper ears. Trim off excess leaving a small amount at the bottom to poke through the top of the cup.
- Place one of the ears on top of the cup. Use a toothpick to poke holes, using the ear as a guide.
- Remove toothpick and insert the ears into the holes. Repeat for the other ear and secure with glue.
- Glue the pink triangle to the front of the cup. Poke two holes in the top-front (near the rim) of the cup and insert the two pipe cleaner legs. Use the handle end of a paintbrush to dot on two eyes and draw eyebrows on with black marker. Bend the legs and sit your bunnies on a shelf.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Paper Plate Tropical Fish - March 30, 2017
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017