Recycling cardboard tubes into fun craft projects is always a great activity for kids. With the 4th of July holiday coming up quickly, these easy to make bracelets are a fun way to display your patriotism and get into the spirit of the holiday. Fun for the parade too!
To make these bracelets you will need a cardboard tube cut in half, some patriotic scrapbook paper (or red construction paper) some glitter glue bottles, star stickers or sequins, and a glue stick. A bottle of white glue is needed if not using stickers. And, of course you’ll need scissors as well!
Cut cardboard tube in half, about 2 1/2-inches. Cut a piece of scrapbook or construction paper twice the length of the tube and wide enough to go all the way around the tube. Use glue stick to attach the paper to the tube, tucking the excess paper inside the tube. Allow to dry.
Cut the tube at the paper seam to create a bracelet.
Decorate with glitter glue…
… and sequin stars. Stickers would be easier, but that’s what I had on hand!
When it’s all dry, put it on and show it off! :)
More Patriotic Crafts
Patriotic Duck Tape Parade Stick
4th of July: Coffee Filter Flowers
Red, White + Blue Fashion Cuffs – Spoonful
Firecracker Tie Dye Patriotic T-shirt – I Love to Create
Patriotic Rice Krispy Treats – Random Thoughts of a Supermom
Stenciled 4th of July Bleach Tee -Saved by Love Creations
There are sooooo many more patriotic projects out there. Try these links for oodles and oodles!
My 4th of July Pinterest board
Fun Family Crafts – Patriotic Crafts and Recipes for Kids
Patriotic Cardboard Tube Bracelet
- Cardboard tube
- Patriotic scrapbook paper or red construction paper
- Glue stick
- Glitter glue: blue white, gold
- Star shaped sequins or stickers
- White craft glue if using sequins
- Cut cardboard tube in half, about 2 1/2-inches.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook or construction paper twice the length of the tube and wide enough to go all the way around the tube.
- use glue stick to attach the paper to the tube, tucking the excess paper inside the tube. Allow to dry.
- Cut the tube at the paper seam to create a bracelet.
- Decorate with glitter glue and sequin stars.
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath - May 2, 2023
Susan M says
I love this. Very easy for the kids to make and I know they’ll have fun with it. Thanks for sharing.
Amanda Formaro says
Thanks Susan, I hope you have fun!
Deceptively Educational says
This is AWESOME, Amanda! Please consider sharing this at the After School Linky Party on my blog (posted every Monday): deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com. Thanks!!