I think mummies are one of my favorite things to make at Halloween. They can be creepy or cute and can be made out of just about any type of white material or paper. This little mummy craft was made from a recycled aluminum can and strips of felt. He would make a great lollipop holder or something to hold plastic forks for your Halloween party!
Tin Can Mummy
- clean empty aluminum can
- 2 sheets white felt
- 2 small black pom poms
- brown marker
- white craft glue
- Cut one of the felt sheets into strips. Glue strips around the entire surface of the can, overlapping each one as you go.
- If you run out of strips, cut the other sheet of felt into strips as you go.
- Use a brown marker to lightly color the edges of the strips of felt to make them look aged.
- Glue the poms poms on for eyes about 1/3 the way down the can.
- Color a 3" x 1" section of the remaining felt with the brown marker. Next, cut out two "eyebrows" about 1" x 1/2" each. Glue above the eyes.
- Color another section of the felt with brown marker, about 2" x 2". Cut a mouth from the colored felt, cut out the center of the mouth and glue to the can.
- Allow to dry completely.
‘); // ]]>
- Tulip Wreath - March 21, 2023
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family - March 7, 2023
- St. Patrick’s Day Activity Sheets - February 28, 2023
I can see that I am not the only one who thinks these are very cool!
Great idea for reusing tin cans.
I love this, so I pinned it!
These are so cute. I may have to add something out of a can for dinner tonight so we can make one.
very cool and cute
Angela B says
He looks so confused! So cute!
Jeanine Okio B Designs says
That is just the cutest thing ever! My kids would love to make this too. Coming over from Transformation Thursday and your newest follower!
Q @ JAQS says
Great idea! so fun :)
I would love for you to link up your creation at http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/10/jaqs-studio-first-ever-linky-party.html
maggy, red ted art says
Ooooh what a cute cute cute Mummy!!!!!
Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!
Erin @ Making Memories says