Halloween! It’s always been my favorite crafting holiday of the year. With the massive number of blogs on the Internet these days, it’s actually hard to keep up with all the creative ideas floating around. So I do my best to contribute my part whenever I can!
This is a fun way to recycle an old basketball that has served its purpose and is ready to move on to something else. Help it avoid the garbage can by turning it into a spooky Halloween eyeball to display on your porch!
Start off by spraying the basketball with white spray paint and let it dry. Repeat for a second coat. When that’s dry, paint a green circle on the basketball, using the filler tube plug as the center.
When the green has dried, paint a smaller black circle in the center of the green circle. Let dry. Use red dimensional paint to add blood vessels.
Allow everything to dry completely before displaying.
If you’re curious, I used Craft Smart “Apple Tart” acrylic paint and Americana Writer in Christmas Red.
Looking for more Halloween crafts? I have a ton, so let’s start with eyeballs. There’s this Spooky Eyeball Treat Bag that kids will love, as well as this Halloween Eyeball Pin that’s great for adding to a hat or backpack! For lots more Halloween crafts, click on Holidays at the top of the site.
Upcycled Basketball Eyeball
- Old basketball
- White spray paint
- Green and black craft paint
- Red dimensional paint I used Americana Writer
- Acrylic spray sealer
- Spray basketball with white spray paint and let dry. Repeat for a second coat.
- Paint a green circle on the basketball, using the filler tube plug as the center.
- When green has dried, paint a smaller black circle in the center of the green circle. Let dry.
- Use red dimensional paint to add blood vessels.
- Allow everything to dry completely then give it two coats of acrylic sealer.