3D Tissue Paper Shamrock

St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17th, so if you are looking for a last minute idea to keep the kids busy, this may just be the answer. Do you remember doing this? Tear or cut the tissue paper into squares, then twist it around the eraser end of a pencil and press onto a glued pattern. My kids always loved these types of projects. They’re easy and fun, but best of all, they can be time consuming, keeping them busy for a while. ;)

3D Tissue Paper Shamrock

You will need

green construction paper, card stock or poster board
school glue or white craft glue
green tissue paper or party streamers
scissors

What You Do

Draw a shamrock shape (draw three hearts with a stem) onto a sheet of green construction paper. Cut out.

Rip or cut up the green tissue paper into small bits, about 1 inch square.

For younger children, have them crumple up the bits of tissue paper. Put a little glue into a glue pot or margarine lid for each child. Have each child dip one of the crumpled bits of tissue paper into the glue, and place on the cut out shamrock shape. Alternatively, you can put a layer of glue directly on the shamrock shape, one shamrock leaf at a time. This method creates less mess than dipping individual pieces into the glue.

For older kids, using a pencil with a new eraser, place the eraser in the center of the tissue paper square. Twist the tissue paper around the eraser and then press the eraser onto the construction paper. Lift the pencil out of the tissue paper, leaving it on the shamrock.

Continue until the shamrock shape is full of tissue. Glue a piece of yarn, string or ribbon to the back to hang your shamrock.

See my other St. Patrick’s Day ideas here

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only crafts but recipes from my other blog, Amanda’s Cookin’ as well!

21 Responses to 3D Tissue Paper Shamrock

l.a.r.k. says:

How cute! :)

Megan says:

They are so cute. I luv these!

Alison says:

This is a nice twist on those felt wreaths… I'm sure the tissue paper is much easier to work with! I love it!!!

Alison

vanessa says:

You have the cutest st. patrick's day crafts that I've seen!

Julie says:

This is really cute! Thanks for sharing

Kelli @ RTSM says:

Such a cute idea…and not to expensive either! We may have to try it tomorrow! I think we may make smaller one and turn them into pins for my boys shirts:)

Jen says:

I've done crafts like this before, but haven't made a Shamrock- very cute!
    Came over from Delicious Ambiguity for Tot Tuesdays!

Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

Laura says:

You have such cute St. Patty's Day ideas. I love this one!

Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my necklace giveaway!

JDaniel4's Mom says:

I love the texture of this craft!

Lanie Ree says:

I've never done this before! It looks great.

Thank you for linking this up to A Little Craft Therapy, with Life in the Pitts.

Lianna Knight says:

Great project!! I made similary craft out of cupcake wrappers and styrofoam wreath!!

You should stop by my blog and link up to the Easter Decor Inspiration Linky!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

What a fun project. That really takes me back! I used to love doing these as a kid!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

Deeba PAB says:

I'm sorry I'm late, but Happy Paddy's day Amanda. This is so cute!! I love it!

Tammy says:

Oh – how cute!

RedTedArt says:

Oh wow! Very pretty and you are very patient too! Fabulous!

Maggy
    PS thank you for linking up Kids Get Crafty!

[...] 3D Tissue Paper Shamrock St. Patrick’s Day Welcome Shamrock Shamrock and Rainbow Window Clings Shamrock Shirt – DecoArt Yarn Wrapped Shamrock Wreath – Alderberry Hill Framed Glitter Shamrock – Craft Yourself [...]

[…] 3 D Tissue Paper Shamrock is one of my favorites because it is rather simple to make and a gorgeous outcome. […]

[…] 3D Tissue Paper Shamrock Crafts by Amanda […]