Cardboard Tube Lamb Tutorial (Video!)

Easter is coming and so is spring! The fuzzy little lamb is symbolic of both, so why not sit down with your kids and put some of these fun little guys together. This is an easy kid’s craft for Easter, perfect even for preschoolers. A full demonstration is available on video too!

I’m new to videos, but really hope to do a lot more. I hope you don’t mind my dog barking at the end and the fact that I misplaced one of the supplies and had to steal it from the finished lamb. Ha ha! next time I make a video, I will close my dogs in the basement. ;) The supply list is below as is the printable pattern for the lamb’s head and ears. Hope you have fun!

Here’s the video, the step by step written instructions are below. :)

Cardboard Tube Lamb

1/2 cardboard toilet tube
5-6 cotton balls
2 black chenille stems
black felt
2 small wiggle eyes
medium black pom-pom
white craft glue
hot glue gun or instant grab glue
scissors
click here for pattern for lamb head and ears

Using the pattern, cut out the head and ears from black felt. Glue the ears to the back of the head and glue eyes to the front. Set head aside.

Roll a cotton ball briefly in your hand, then cut into 3 pieces. Cut the 3 pieces into halves or thirds. Repeat for all cotton balls. Set aside.

Cover the cardboard tube with white craft glue. Place the pieces of cotton onto the glue until cardboard tube is completely covered.

Glue the head to the “front” of your cardboard tube. Glue the black pom-pom to the back for the tail.

Cut the two black chenille stems in half. Wrap the chenille around a small paintbrush or pencil to coil it. Slide the coiled chenille off and repeat for the other three to create the legs.

Use instant grab glue or hot glue to attach the legs inside the bottom of the cardboard tube.

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only crafts but recipes from my other blog, Amanda’s Cookin’ as well!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

1. Katrina says

Great vid, Amanda. I love your Chicago/Wisconsin North Midwest accent! ;) Can't wait to see more videos.

2. Anonymous says

OK…so I tried the easter bonnet….mine ended up looking like pilgrim hats instead…what did i do wrong? What kind of cups…mine had ridges…HELP

3. Amanda says

HI Anon – It's really something you have to experiment with. Electric vs a gas oven, differences in temperature, etc. I have had some hats curls up, and others go out flat. You have to adjust the temp and just keep trying, I do suggest doing 1 at a time until you find the right combination :)

4. marybt says

Okay. That is super cute! I am printing these to put in my Sunday School craft file. Thank you for sharing!

5. RedTedArt says

Oh, these are ADORABLE!! How cute did they turn out! Fab use of the TP Roll!!

Thanks for joining Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

6. Anonymous says

I want to make these, the lamb is so cute! When I tried to open the template file, it wouldn't work. I could open the instructions link though. Is there something wrong with it? Thanks:)

7. Amanda says

I'm sorry about that. It should be fine, but someone else said there was a problem too. I would need your email address in order to grant you direct permission to the document. Sorry!

8. kmegamom says

Hi, I just love these little lambs, but when I clicked on the link for the patterns for the face and ears it doesn’t work? I guess I can just make my own by looking at the pictures and try to get close. These are so cute, I want to try to make them with my 4 year old and 2 year old grandsons, they love crafts.

9. GeGe Quinn says

Thanks for the CUTE idea Amanda (and my sister for sending me link)! Im having my Sunday school kids make these for Easter. I just made one to show them and it was very easy,glad i watched video to see that i put the half of tube the right way !

10. Gerry says

Every year I make my co-workers a little something for Easter..Missed this for this year..but..they’ll be getting the whole flock next year!!!!thanx

11. Ruth Scally says

I love all your craft ideas for seniors also. I am an activity director for a large assisted living facility and my folks love your ideas. thanks