Spiders made from pom-poms are just too cute for words aren’t they? I showed you my spider ring last week, now I’m going to show you how to make this cute craft stick spider web. This is a fun Halloween craft and makes a great Halloween party table decoration!
This is a fun craft for school aged children, however with some glue help from a grown up, little ones can join in the fun too!
First you’ll paint the craft sticks. While they’re drying, assemble the spider.
They you’ll glue the painted craft sticks together, and then start your web by gluing the yarn to the sticks.
You’ll weave the yarn around the sticks, wrapping once around each one to keep the web in place. Then secure everything with glue. Add your spider when done!
Craft Stick Spider Web
- 3 craft sticks
- Purple paint
- Black yarn
- 1 medium light green pom-pom
- 1 light green chenille stem
- 2 purple wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
- Paint the craft sticks purple and let dry.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the pom-pom.
- Cut the chenille stem into eight equal pieces. Bend each piece at a 90 degree angle. Glue the legs onto the pom-pom. Set the spider aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, glue the three craft sticks into a flower shape, crossing over each other.
- Glue the end of the yarn to one of the craft sticks. Holding that piece with your finger, turn the sticks over and begin wrapping the yarn from stick to stick, wrapping once around each stick as you work your way around in the “flower”. Once you get all the way around, adjust the yarn upward and continue going around again. Do this a third time to complete the web.
- Turn the sticks over to the backside and add glue to all the yarn intersections. Let dry.
- When dry, turn over and glue the spider to the web.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- Fingerprint Daddy & Me Coffee Mug - May 30, 2023
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
i just did it with my kid and it looks great its cute’ scary and easy to make
Fun, thanks Barb!
Melissa @The Chocolate Muffin Tree says
Adorable! Love it!