Place these darling little balloon ghouls on the table to greet guests–and at night, place a battery operated tea light underneath to give a ghostly glow to the room! Be sure to visit all of our other ghostly crafts, our fabulous costume ideas and these spook-tackular Halloween recipes!
I have these sitting in my living room. Partially blow up balloons and decoupage tshirt material on top. Then pop! This particular photo shows them with battery operated tea lights lighting them up.
- White T-shirt material
- Round balloons
- Wide mouth jars to use as stands
- White craft glue
- Large wiggle eyes
- Battery operated tea lights
- Partially blow up balloons, big enough to fit in one hand (about the size of a large orange).
- Place balloon, tied end down, on top of a jar (see image).
- Mix 1 part water and 2 parts white glue to make a paintable mixture.
- Tear or cut t-shirt material into strips long enough to drape over your balloon (see image).
- Paint the top of the balloon with the glue mixture. Place a strip of material across the balloon and paint more mixture over the top of the fabric (see image).
- Continue this process, crossing fabric over itself to cover all sides. Let it dry completely (see image).
- Have an adult use a sharp knife to pop the balloon. Carefully peel it out of the material mold (see image).
- Trim the ends of the material so that the ghouls will stand up by themselves.
- Glue wiggle eyes on the front.
- Wait until it starts to get dark and put the ghosts over a battery operated tea light and watch them glow (see image).