There are so many fun things that kids can make with construction paper by simply tracing their hand. These Christmas handprint crafts include Santa Claus, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, a Christmas tree and even a winter themed wreath! So grab the construction paper and your little one and make some fun Christmas decorations.
Christmas handprint crafts
Handprint crafts are popular with kids because they are fun and easy, and parents and grandparents love them because they make such cute keepsakes! Here are some fun Christmas handprint ideas.
For these ideas you will need:
- Construction paper in various colors
- Glue stick
- School glue or white craft glue
- Googly eyes
- Pom poms
- Buttons, sequins, pony beads, etc
Handprint Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
How cute is this adorable reindeer?? Your kids can make a bunch of them to make Santa’s entire herd! Of course, only Rudolph has a red nose so use a black pom pom for the others.
- Trace child’s hand onto brown construction paper.
- You will also need to cut out an antler and a little oval for the tail (if you like).
- Use a glue stick to add those to the hand shape.
- Next, use a brown or black marker to add Rudolph’s collar.
- I used a gold paint pen to add the bells. Gold paint would work too, simply dip the handle of a paintbrush in the paint and dot on.
- A googly eye and glittery red pom pom finish your reindeer off.
Christmas Handprint Crafts: Santa Claus
Ho ho ho! For this Santa Claus, you will need red and white construction paper. I’ve used paper for the pom pom on his hat, but you could use an actual fluffy white pom pom!
- Have your child hold their hand flat with all fingers touching each other. Trace your child’s hand onto white construction paper.
- Cut out the hat from red construction paper.
- Cut our brim and pom pom from white construction paper.
- Use a peach colored crayon to color a circle in the palm of the hand.
- Cut out a simple mustache from the white construction paper.
- Use a glue stick to attach the hat to the head, and the mustache to the face.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Use a pink crayon to add cheeks.
Christmas Handprint Crafts: Christmas Tree
There are several supplies you could use for the ornaments on this Christmas tree! We used colorful buttons, but other ideas include sequins, pony beads, pom poms, markers, glitter glue or stickers!
- Have your child hold their hand flat with all fingers touching each other. Trace your child’s hand onto green construction paper.
- Cut a tree trunk from brown construction paper and use a glue stick to attach it.
- Cut a star from yellow construction paper and glue it to the top.
- Use white school glue or craft glue to attach the button ornaments.
Christmas Handprint Crafts: Winter Wreath
This winter-themed handprint wreath would be a fun group project! You can also use green paper to make a Christmas themed wreath.
- Trace child’s hand multiple times onto blue, light blue and white construction paper.
- Cut a simple bow shape from green construction paper.
- Use a glue stick to attach the handprints to each other in a circle, alternating colors as you go.
- Glue the bow to the bottom.
Have fun with your littles! Here are some more Christmas craft ideas!