These treat cups were inspired by my Easter Chick Placeholders which are also adorned with polka dots but are made from terra cotta pots. These treat cups are fun, colorful and easy to make. You’ll find my instructions over at Spoonful.
- 5 (8-ounce) foam cups
- White duct tape
- Easter grass
- Craft paint: pink, light green, yellow, purple, light blue
- Tools: paintbrush, craft knife, cutting mat
- Paint the rim of each cup using the different colors of paint. Add polka dots to the outside of the cups using a circular motion with the handle end of a paintbrush.
- Measure and cut a 14-inch piece of white duct tape. Lay the tape sticky side up and fold the full length of the tape one-third up to the center and stick it to itself. Take the other long edge 9remaining sticky side) and tape it up onto the center of the strip. This will create a 14-inch long handle for your cup. Repeat this for each cup.
- Make sure that each cup is dry before attaching the handles. Use additional tape to attach the handles to the inside of the cups. Fill with Easter grass and add a colored egg.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.