Plastic Cup Crow

Plastic Cup CrowHere’s a fun fall craft for kids that I made a few years ago. All you’ll need are some plastic cups, a little paint, some construction paper and a few doodads. There are plenty of scarecrow crafts for fall, but let’s not forget the crows!

To make this plastic cup crow you will need:

2 small plastic cups (bathroom size) (paper or foam cups work too!)
2 cotton balls
2 medium wiggle eyes
1 red button
scrap of orange craft foam
scrap of orange construction paper
Acrylic craft paint: black and goldenrod
scissors
white craft glue

Paint one of the cups black and the other with goldenrod. Set cups aside to dry.

Cut a triangle from the orange craft foam for the beak.

Cut a heart shape for the feet from orange construction paper.

When paint is dry, use scissors to cut thin slits (fringes) halfway up the goldenrod cup, going all the way around. Bend the “fringes” upward to form the hat.

Turn the hat over and put 2 cotton balls inside the cup. Glue hat to the bottom end of the black painted cup. Let dry.

Glue 2 wiggle eyes and beak on to the cup under the hat.

Glue the red button to the front side of the hat.

Glue the heart feet to the opening of the black cup, bend the construction paper up into the sides of the cup so that just the “feet” stick out.

Did you enjoy this post? Why not subscribe to my feed, or better yet, to my free newsletter – Foodie in the Craftroom, which provides not only crafts but recipes from my other blog, Amanda’s Cookin’ as well!

13 Responses to Plastic Cup Crow

Becky @ UCreate with Kids says:

I featured this darling CROW today. You are seriously clever! Great job!

Vintage Teacher says:

This adorable!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas says:

oh, how I adore this crow! Must try it during our fall theme – he is just darling!

Would love to invite you to link some of your kid friendly crafts on my Child Centered Linky Party – The Sunday Showcase – http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Your site is full of awesome ideas – now following & looking forward to exploring some more!

Bern

Amy@One Artsy Mama says:

This is adorable; I'm pinning it to do with my son! I'm hosting a Fall Craft Challenge on Fridays and one of the upcoming themes will be Kids' Crafts…I hope you'll come link up. If you have any centerpiece ideas, that's this week's theme!

amy
    oneartmama.blogspot.com

atnumber29 says:

this is a great idea!

creativejewishmom/sara says:

love it! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

Mary Smith says:

That crow is so cute!!

[…] Source: Crafts by Amanda […]

Melissa says:

I’m featuring this creative craft today! What a fun fall craft! Love it!

[…] Plastic Crow Cup by Crafts by Amanda […]

[…] Plastic Cup Crow [craftsbyamanda.com] The kids will love this simple crow craft that is much more silly than scary. As a bonus, all it takes is a small bathroom cup, construction paper, glue, and a few other supplies that you probably already have around the house. […]